M2Web problems

Hi, I’m trying to connect to devices behind eWon via M2Web. I’m able to log on my account and see all devices, but I receive following error message when I try to connect a device that is setup with VNC: ‘Unable to build proxy’. When I’m using eCatcher, everything works fine.

Hi Jens,

Are you able to connect to the ewon though m2web? The ewon itself could be having issues connecting to the m2web server. If this is the case simply having the ewon reboot should correct the connection issue.

Were you able to connect to the device though m2web before? You could be running into an issue with how the lan device is set up in eCatcher. If this is the case can you upload a screen shot of the configuration?

Deryck

Hi,

I have now rebooted the eWon. Still same issue. eWon seems to be online and have the device that I have configured available:
When I try connect to the eWon by clicking on the eWon itself, I got following error: Device … is currently unavailable.
Capture2

This is the first time I try to use m2web on this device, but I think the configuration is OK:

Br.
Jens Magnar

Hello Jens,

Would it be ok for me to reset the connection from our side? If so can you provide me with the serial number for the device.

I would also suggest setting the gateway on the HMI to be the ewons LAN. I have seen issues in routing with our plug’n route feature where setting the gateway corrects it.

Deryck

You are free to reset the connection.

I can try to set eWon’s IP to be gateway for the HMI I try to reach. I didn’t think it was necessary as we don’t use gateway when we use eCatcher. In ‘early days’ of eCatcher we had to do this.

Jens M

I have triggered the reconnect, give the connection a try again.

Hi. I have not been able to test this device after you reconnected it as the device is shipped from our workshop to destination. We will do commissioning next week on the device.

I the meantime I have checked m2web for other devices. I’m not able to connect any of our other devices as well. We have 80 devices in our pool, currently 20 is online and available in eCatcher, but non of them are available i m2web. Is there something with our account? We have a Pro account with 3 concurrent connections available.

Hello Jens,

Were you able to connect though m2web before? Are you an admin on the account with the correct permissions to access devices though m2web?

Deryck

Hi,

We have not used the m2web before other than we tested it and got a demo a long time ago (years). So you can say that we have not used it before. I’m the admin of our account. Is there something that needs to be enabled before we can use the m2web? From our account settings it seems like the m2web is ready for usage.

@Jens,

Apologies it looks like this got a little lost on our side. Have you manged to sort out the m2web issue?

My previous question was in regards to your user having permissions to access devices though m2web. With a pro account it is possible to disable the ability for users.

Deryck

Hi,

The problem is not sorted out yet. Users belonging to a group that has admin rights should have m2web rights as I see it. I find that I can enable m2web access for user without admin rights, but this option is not available when user is admin of a device.

Would you be able to PM me temporary credentials to take a look and see if it could be a permissions issue.

Deryck

yes, no problem. Do you have an e-mail address?

@Jens

You can actually send him the information in this portal via a secure private message.

1 Like

Hello Jens,
Unfortunately this issue is going to require further analysis in order to resolve. However, due to the fact that you are a European customer we will need you to direct this request to your distributor. Our colleagues in Nivelles have been made aware of the issues and are updated with all the info we have in order to expedite the request.

If you have any issues getting a response, please let us know and we can continue to reach out to the proper channels on our end.

Deryck

Hello Jens,

Support in Belgium was trying to test out the account but it looks like the user name and password is no longer valid. Can you enable the credentials that you provided earlier or create new ones they can test with?

Deryck

Hi,

I have enabled the user again. Please have a look in the account. Still not possible to access any eWons via m2web.

Jens

Thank you Jens, I have let them know they can take a look.

Deryck

@Jens,

It looks like you could be running into an issue with your account name not being compatible with how m2web handles urls.

To use M2WEB, the account name and the user name must use only simple alphanumrical characters.

So no &@"#$% etc

Try changing the account name like WestconPowerAutomation for example

Deryck

Hello @Jens,

One workaround to changing the account name is that you could use your account ID when logging in. The ID is located in the top right of eCatcher, to the right of the account name.

I also want to mention, if you have special characters in the device name you will see the same issue connecting though m2web. To connect to those you will need to change the names to not include special characters.

Deryck