M2Web RDP connection not workin

Dear Support,
we are experiencing an issue using M2Web interface to all computer configured in one of our Cosy 131. (enabled for M2Web RDP connection through standard TCP port).
When we click on the configured machine link, then we always receive the error: “An internal error has occurred within the server, and the connection has been terminated”
We updated to the latest available FW and rebooted the device, but we cannot figure out wich could be the root cause of this problem.
Thank you and best regards,
Fabio

Hello @Fabio,
This is most likely either an issue with remote desktop on the PC you are connecting to or with how our server is opening the remote desktop connection.

Are you able to open a Remote desktop connection if you run ecatcher on a pc then run RDP natively on the PC to the IP of the PC? If not this indicates the issue is on the PC if you can then this could be with the settings configured in ecatcher for the RDP connection used in M2web.

Could you also post a screen shot of the error so I see exactly when the error happens?

Deryck

Hello Deryck,
thank you for your prompt reply.
When we connect to these PC using eCatcher and RDP directly form the computer running eCatcher, everything works correctly.

The error is visible only using M2Web. (see attached picture of the error)

Thank you
Fabio

Hello,

Can you verify the settings configured in the devices and firewall section of eCatcher are correct. Is the correct port configured, 3389 is the default port for RDP? Can you share a screenshot showing the lan device settings for me to review?

Does changing the advanced options to use color 16 bit help?

Hello,
all computers are configured as the attached picture, so I confirm that defualt port 3389 is selected. I also use 16 bit and still not working.
Finally I tried to enable Network Level Autentication then selecting domain/user/password I was able to access the computer.
It is the first time I had to do in this way. Which can be the reason why I need to access using network level authentication?

1 Like

Hi @Fabio

Does it work if you remove the color depth and still have the Network Level Authentication? Or does this only work when you have that combination?

-Tim

Hello Tim!

Do you have found a solution for that? I have the same problem and tried all your suggestions.
RDP is working in LAN, is working over eCatcher VPN, but not with M2WEB, independet from all possible settings. I´ve tried them all.
br
Alex

What does your firewall in ecather for the device look like? Can you share a screen shot? Are you seeing any errors?