M2Web Request Limitations

What actually is returned by the API in the event that a Talk2M account exceeds the Free 10k request/device/month limitation?

That depends on whether it’s a free or pro account.

• The number of M2Web API calls per account is limited to 10 calls/secs (aggregated over all users under the account), up to an aggregate maximum of 30.000 calls/day/account. The typical access period has been designed for 10 minutes (the service is not meant for real time data access).

• The number of DMWeb API calls is limited to 1 DataMailbox synchronization (or data lookup) per minute (average, computed over a month). The typical retrieval period has been designed for 10 minutes (the service is not meant for real time data access).

• For Talk2M Free+ accounts, Ewon devices can upload up to a maximum of 5,000,000 datapoints per month to the Talk2M DataMailbox service. API calls will return a specific message once the limit has been reached (excessive datapoints are disregarded).

• For Talk2M Pro accounts, Ewon devices can upload unlimited number of datapoints per month to the Talk2M DataMailbox service. Over 10,000,000 datapoints per month, additional data upload is charged to the Talk2M account owner.

• Datapoints are buffered for maximum 10 calendar days by the Talk2M DataMailbox service. Datapoints older than 10 days are automatically deleted.

This is the piece I’m curious about. I am currently testing a reporting solution based on the M2WEB API. I remember seeing a spec somewhere that mentioned a 10k request limit, averaged, per month, per device with the M2WEB API. Does that still apply? Or is the limitation more on the technical side, as you mentioned, with the amount of calls that can be processed per second and per day?

I’m not aware of that limitation. That may have been an older policy and no longer applies. Do you know which document you saw that in?

Thanks Kyle,

It was a while ago I saw this, so you might be right that it’s outdated info. just doing a search here, it looks like an HMS tech described the 10k limitation back in 2018, so it may have been accurate at least at some point in time.

Yes, that is outdated and you can refer to the new limits above from now on. Thanks for pointing that out! I’ll make sure it’s updated.