M2Web "unable to build proxy"

Dear Support Team,

When trying to connect to a device connected to our Flexy through M2Web, we receive the error “unable to build proxy”.
Connection through ecatcher works flawlessly.

Any advice?

Can you give me your eCatcher information so I can take a closer look at this device?

Thanks,
-Tim

Hi Daniel,

Are you online with eCatcher right now?

Hi Daniel,

Just wanted to see if this was still an issue

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the late reply. The problem still persists unfortunately.

BR
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

It shows that there’s somebody connected to a device on eCatcher right now. Can you let me know when it’s free? I don’t want to kick anybody off their connection.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Our system is not yet productive. Feel free to kick any other user that might block your access.
Right now it should be free.

BR
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

It’s connecting fine on my end. Can you give me a time that you’ll be available for a phone call and we can talk about this further? We are in the eastern standard timezone.

Have you tried connecting through m2web on from a different internet connection such as a hotspot? There may be a firewall on your network preventing you from accessing the site.

-Tim

Hi Daniel,

Just wanted to see if this was still an issue before I close this ticket

-Tim

@Tim_hms ,

We are having this exact issue on our end. We are receiving “unable to build proxy” on m2web but have no issues connecting with ecatcher. We have tried to connect in m2web using a hotspot as well but are still receiving the error message. Any ideas of what the solution could be? Let me know if you need any additional information.

Best,

David

Hi David,

Can you let us know when you’d be available to take a look at this device over teamviewer?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/hms-networks-s3/original/1X/HMS_QS.exe

I am having the same problem with a site I set up to connect over RDP to a device. It looks like it connects fine when I connect through ecatcher, but through m2web setup I get “unable to build proxy”. other forums have said resetting their proxy server worked. Is it possible to get ours reset?

Hello @gabbytoddler,

This could be related to an issue with the connection to the m2web server. If you reboot the ewon does it resolve the issue?

Deryck

I tried rebooting the Ewon as well as removed the RDP configuration in ecatcher and re added it but I’m still getting the same error.

Rebooting the ewon should be resetting all the connections that we could do from the server side.

Has this connection worked in the past? Are you are able to open an RPD connection though ecatcher?

Deryck

Its a new connection I am creating but I can make the connection through ecatcher. I have several VNC and HTTP connections working in m2web but I have never been able to make an RDP connection work.

When you connect though eCatcher are you using network level authentication? You might need to enable this in the advanced option when setting up the connection in eCathcer. You might also be running into an issue with the color depth settings try forcing 16 bit in the advanced options too.

Deryck

I am connecting to a windows xp computer. I have tried with those boxes checked and unchecked. the RDP on my computer is setup for 32 bit and it connects without any issues.

What is the serial number of your ewon and what state are you located in?

Deryck

serial #1636-0315-21. I’m in Utah. I already know our distributor if you are wanting me to reach out to them.