M2web with Apple Computer

We have a customer that is running into issues connecting to their Ewons through the M2web url. The problem started a couple of days ago, and the current issue is being displayed as an expired certificate (Wednesday September 29th). I have no problem accessing their devices with my Windows PC. Here are all the scenarios that have been tested:
-Different accounts
-Different Ewons
-Different users
-Different networks
-Different Apple computers

The common denominator in all of this Apple computers. Is there a certification that HMS needs to renew so that Apple users can access their devices via M2Web?

Can you provide a screen shot of the issue?

Can you have them try in a different browser?

I forgot to mention that they are able to log into accounts, but actually connecting to any Ewon is not possible.

Yes multiple browsers have been tried as well. For sure Chrome and Safari.

Here is a screenshot I was provided.
The first message that the web browsers say is that the connection is not private. Then digging deeper it looks like a certificate issue. I did have the customer try deleting the certificate in multiple ways, deleting cache, etc and nothing works.

Hi Nick,

It looks like this is an issue with the certificates on that PC. That looks like an old certificate. I would expect another browser to have help with this. Are they sure the browsers are updated? Is the OS in the MAC updated? The PC might not have the newer certificate authority added.

You may need to look into options to add this authority manually if they are not able to update the PC to receive the new authorities.

They may be able to use firefox to get around this issue but I am not certain.

I have advised them to ensure the browser and OS are up to date, as well as try Firefox. I’ll let you know what the results are.

Here is a little more details regarding the certificates.

DST Root CA X3 Expiration (September 2021) - Let’s Encrypt (letsencrypt.org)

Certificate Compatibility - Let’s Encrypt (letsencrypt.org)

Deryck

Hey Deryck - using Firefox worked for one of them! They are going to try ensuring their other browsers and OS are up to date to see if they can get M2Web working for their other browsers.

Hi Nick,

Can you provide any more details on what type of devices they are using? This should only be effecting older devices. Ones no longer receiving security updated. The impact should be minimal.

Deryck

One of the users has:
macOS: Big Sur Version 11.6
Safari: Version 15.0 (16612.1.29.41.4, 16612)
Chrome: Version 94.0.4606.71 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Hi Nick,

We have made changes to how the certificates are delivered. Can you check with your customers to see if they are still having issues in safari?

Deryck

Deryck,

I’ve heard back from one of the two users. It is working for one of them now. No feedback from the second.

Great! thanks for the update.

Also the other employee responded that things are working for them too. Seems like things are corrected.

Thanks for following up sounds like we can close this issue.

Deryck

1 Like