MAC ID

Hello,

Is it possible to pull a unique identifier (such as the MAC ID) from a device that is connected to the Flexy?

If you have that information in something that the Flexy could pull this should be possible. ie modbus register, symbolic tag.

The device is a cell phone, accessing the device via M2Web, so Modbus registers wouldn’t work. Do you have a specific example how to pull the MAC ID from a cell phone?

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately I don’t think that this is something we’re able to do. What’s the reason that you’re trying to pull the MAC ID from the cell phone? We might be able to find a work around for what you’re trying to do.

They want to basically identify which device accessed the ewon to run a report. I’m thinking this could be done using Export Block Descriptors, and sending in a “unique ID” from the phone to the flexy. This unique ID would set the value of the tag and then could be recorded.

I don’t believe we have a way to tell which device is connecting to it, but eCatcher does record which user is connecting/disconnecting to the device along with the time this happens.