MASTER SIMULATOR PROFIBUS-DP 017504

HI,

I WOULD LIKE A TECHNICAL SUPPORT.
I PURCHASED A PROFIBUS-DP MASTER SIMULATOR AND AM NOT GETTING TO COMMUNICATE WITH A GE FANUC I/O IC676PBI008-DA MODULE.
I HAVE ALREADY DONE OTHER TEST WITH OTHER EQUIPMENT AND IT WAS OK.
THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE I/O MODULE THE PROFIBUS INPUT IS M12 CONNECTOR, WHERE I ADAPTED THE A AND B 5V AND GND SIGNALS.
ALREADY TESTED WITHOUT AND WITH LINE TERMINATOR.
CHANGED ADDRESS AND NOTHING.
IN THE SCAN, IT ALWAYS FIND THE MASTER, BUT THE SLAVE CANNOT FIND IT.
I HAVE ALREADY TRIED TO USE THE .GSD FILE WITHOUT SUCCESS

THANKS

Hello,

It looks like you have already tested the module on other profibus devices ruling out an issue with the dongle. Testing with the GSD rules out that the device just was not being discovered. This seems likely to be a wiring issue. Are you sure you are connecting to the correct pins? Is the slave device providing 5v? The device uses the external 5v to work properly.

Hi Deryck,

Thank you very much for the feedback,
I invert the signal A and B on the slave and the simulator recognized it.
but, when I tell to connect, the simulator identifies the slave and does not connect.
you have one more tip?

Could you share a screen shot or a short recording ? I’m not sure I understand what is happening. Does it fail with any error? Are you using the easy start or GSD?

I use easy start.

I change an input and don’t change anything in the simulator.

I’ve already changed the i/o module, no difference.

Have you check the devices user manual for details on the user diagnostics info?

You may need to manually setup the input/output parameters to match how the device is configured. The device might not support the quickstart mode and may not be providing details needed.

Hi @YAMAOCA ,

Did manually setting up the device help resolve the issue?

Deryck