Micrologix Integer vs Compact Logix

When adding sequential integers, from a Micrologix, into the Flexy then they break.
EX: N7:32 & N7:33

If I skip an integer, then they’re fine.
EX: N7:32 & N7:34

The Micrologix 1400 allows actual integers within its database, while the Compactlogix converts everything to DINTs internally.

The Flexy only has an option for “Integer” in the datatype, but not option for “DINT”, leading me to believe that it is treating all “Integers” as 32-bit.

Hi Justin,

I’m going to take a look at this one in the morning with some colleagues from Belgium

Thanks,
-Tim

Hi Justin, I just confirmed from my colleague that we only support 32 bits integers. So in this case, if the values seem to be updating, I’d recommend just ignoring the hazard symbol

Thanks for checking on it Tim.

I just tried in another system and everything after the first integer broke when I added two sequential integers. EX: N7:31, N7:32, and then all other integers above that broke and did not update at all.

If DF1 is going to be a supported option, then the protocol should be completely supported reading 16-bit integers. It sounds like they have some work to do.

Hi Justin,

I’ll make a request to the development team for you, and see if this is something they may be able to implement.

-Tim

Hi Justin,

My colleague from belgium was asking if you could give us a temporary user on your eCatcher account so that he can take a look at this issue and give your PLC backup.

Can you PM me the information when you’re available?

Thanks,
-Tim

I can share my screen, to maintain control over what’s being done, but remote access into a live PLC isn’t going to happen.

That works for me, do you have a time that you would be available?