Mitsubishi FR-E740

I have three Mitsubishi FR-E740 inverters and I am unable to communicate with them over an ewon cosy on ethernet with Fr configurator 2 - which gives the error code 0x0180840B.

I have discovery enabled on the VPN but it makes no difference.

Is there a way to connect to these using the cosy?

Hi @grim

Are these devices responding to pings?

-Tim

Hi Tim,
No they don’t respond to pings but the HMI and PLC do.

Kind Regards,
Joe Moore

What’s the LAN IP address of your Cosy and what are the IP addresses of these devices?

I’ve also seen some cases where you need to manually add IP addresses for some programs instead of doing PLC discovery.

Hi Tim,
The Lan IP address of the cosy is 10.0.58.50 and the devices are on 2,3 and 4. I’ve already tried adding the IP addresses manually and had no luck.

Kind Regards,
Joe Moore

If the devices aren’t responding to pings then I don’t think that they will show up in your program. If you’re connected to them locally are they responding to pings?

You also want to make sure that the device is using our TAP V9 Ethernet Adapter to allow the connection through

Hi Tim,
Locally they respond to pings - the only option in FR configurator is Ethernet.

Can I try and take a look at this device over TeamViewer when you’re free?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/hms-networks-s3/original/1X/HMS_QS.exe

Hi Tim,
Yes please - can you let me know when you are free and I’ll ensure I am online.

Hi Joe,

I’m free right now if that works for you. Or is there a time that works better for you today?

-Tim

Hi Tim,
Now is great thanks

Hi Joe,

My colleague in Belgium was asking if you’re free tomorrow at 10AM Eastern Standard Time for him to take a look at this device?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Yes no problem,

Ill reply with the password again if it has changed in the morning

Kind Regards,

Joe Moore

Ok thanks, I’ll confirm with Simon

Hi Tim,

Ready whenever you are

Kind Regards

Joe Moore