Modbus TCP Error

Looking for possible issue that generate this event - 22413 Send MbsTCP response error.

In general, it’s a ModbusTCP communication problem, but I’d need more specific information to determine the reason.

Is the tag value updating or is the tag in an error state?

If it’s in an error state, do you have any tags that are working?

The eWon is acting as a Modbus Gateway. The data is sent to the eWon from a client application. The arrives just fine. On the other end a different device requested the data from the eWon and I believe that device is having trouble acquiring the data from the eWon. I am not in control of the device requesting data. We consider this item closed for now.

This document explains how to publish tag values in Modbus TCP. It uses a screenshot from the older Ewon firmware, but the settings are the same. It’s pretty straight-forward. Under the IO Server settings, enable the Modbus TCP Server. Then, in the tag settings, under “Visibility” just check the box to enable the Modbus TCP server and enter the register number that you want to use. The part that sometimes trips people up, is that the Ewon defaults to Unit ID 100, so you may want to try changing that to 1, as some clients will default to reading Unit ID 1.

IO Servers > MODBUS:

Tag Settings:

Thanks Kyle

You’re welcome.