Modbus TCP via tags

Hi,
I am attempting to read modbus tcp values via the flexy and have successfully done this by setting the Modbus topics A,B & C.
Now i wish to communicate with more than 3 devices, so ive followed the following thread;Maximum Modbus TCP IP connections

however i havent had any luck.
This is what my tag looks like:

Wondering where i assign a unit ID for this specific modbus address?
Can anyone help?

Hello,

The Unit ID will come after the register address. So the Address field breaks down as follows:

Address: [Register Address], [Device ID], [IP]

I would look over the modbus TCP section of the IO Manual

Thankyou for a response. However i am still unsure. I am more so asking where i assign a device topic (A,B,C,D)

If you are assigning an IP to the address, you do not need to assign a topic.

Our devices support up to 3 topics for group tagging. However, you can create multiple connections by assigning the IP address settings within Tag creation.

Following up, im still have issues.
If I create a topic (E.g. Topic A) and I set its address as 10.0.0.60 and I create a tag for a register it works correctly.
If I create a tag using the correct format suggested in this post it does not work.
Ive attached screen shots of what ive done, can anyone figure out my mistake?

Hello,

The address is already defined in Topic A. When you created the manual tag you defined it in Topic B. This caused an error as you address is already defined, and you are trying to make the Flexy make new connection to the PLC. You can disable to Topic A, and manually added tag may make the connection it.

-Kevin

Hi, I appreciate the response. I disabled the Topic A and backspaced all of it to ensure it was truely inactive. Still not working. Any other thoughts?

Hello,

What is the error that you are receiving on the Tag? Is “No Communication”?

You have working Tag set as Automatic, but the manually defined is set to Floating Point. Also you do not have any modifiers on the manually defined tag address to denote a Floating Point Value.

If you are using a IO server for Modbus, you will only need to display the Register address and applicable modifiers. If you have several tags from the same IO origin, then creating a IO server in the Flexy is recommended.