Moving EWON from one Pro account to another Pro account

Hello, currently we have a couple of Ewon’s that are registered to a vendor’s Talk2M Pro Account. We want to move these to our Talk2M Pro account. Can you tell me what we need to do in order to do so? Will we need local LAN access to the Ewon in order to go through the wizard? Also, do they have to remove the Ewon from their Pro account first before we can add it to our’s? TIA

Are all of these devices remote? also can you tell me how many devices you would need to move?

Yes all of these devices are remote. We have two devices at three separate locations that would need to be moved, so 6 in total.

Unfortunately we’re not currently able to migrate devices from 1 pro account to another pro account. You’ll need to remove the device from the original pro account and then run the talk2m/vpn wizard on the device locally using that new activation key to get the device onto the new accoung.

Just to clarify, After the vendor removes the device from their account, we have to add it to our Pro account in order to create the registration key, and then run the wizard, correct?

Thanks,

You can have the registration key and the device setup on the new account ahead of time, but before it will successfully pass the wizard, it will need to be removed from the old account

Ok, gotcha. Thanks for the information. That helps greatly.

You’re welcome, let me know if you have any other questions

We have two devices that the vendor changed the adm password on, and we do not have it.

Is there a way to reset this password?

The only way to reset this is to do a factory reset of the device.

See page 25 of this doc:

Thanks Tim, so if I do a level 1 factory reset, it will retain all of the IP information?

It will keep your LAN IP address but I’m not sure if it will clear out your WAN IP