Mp40 generic driver 64bit support

Hello, I have been using the generic mp40 driver (e.g. projects/Generic) on a 32 bit system without issue, but now have a need to compile it for 64 bit. Is there a 64 bit version of this project available? Currently, when I compile I get a number of warnings about pointers which are being cast to 32 bit types, which is a big red flag to me.

I am planning on fixing these few warnings and giving it a shot, but if anyone has experience with trying to get this project to work under 64 bit (or if there is a 64 bit version I should be using), your experience could save me a lot of time.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @afrailing,

The SDK targets 32bit platforms but checking with a developer it can be made to work in 64bit applications. He pointed out most of the incompatibility issues are related to debug/print logic. HMS does not offer a 64bit version at this time.

Deryck

That’s great news, thank you for looking into it. The debug/print logic is easy enough to sort out myself, but this is enough reassurance for me to move forward with the project.

1 Like