MQTT failure(3)

Hello,

We developed a BASIC script that sends tag data to an Azure IoT hub using MQTT, and it has been working flawlessly in most of our devices. However, we have one 3G device that does not seem to be able to connect. I believe this has to do something with the 8883 port, because I was able to run the test script provided here that sends data to the Ewon MQTT Broker and that works fine. Any idea what might be causing this issue? Like I said, we have been successful in other sites with 3G, and the settings should be the same on the ewon.

I tried using the information provided here - eWon Flexy over 3G MQTT connection fail
but was not successful.

Thanks,

Yoni

We would need to have more information to determine what the problem may be. Can you tell me why you mention 3G and port 8883? Are the working devices using a different connection and port?

Please provide a backup of the Flexy (using eBuddy and checking “Include Support files”.

Also, it would be helpful to see the error logs from the MQTT broker.

I am using port 8883 because it’s suppose to be the encrypted port (as is indicated here https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/blob/master/articles/iot-hub/iot-hub-mqtt-support.md)

I am not seeing any errors for data coming, seeing that the data isn’t even arriving at the brokers end.

Find attached the backup of our flexy:
MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (366 KB)
Thanks

There is no MQTT script in the backup you sent.

Strange, the BASIC script appears on my Ewon. In any case, I reset the internet connection and it seems to be working. I’m not sure if this is a sustainable fix, but I’ll close this channel in any case.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the update. Let me know if it happens again.