Mqtt-

How do I best detect if MQTT is not able to post. and what can I do about it?

MQTT is a messaging protocol. Can you provide some specifics about the device you are using and the use case?

On a Flexy 203 with fw13.2s0.
I’m posting messages to a cloud service.

Have you checked out this thread?

I just looked at it and I don’t understand it 100%, but maybe you could first review my BASIC script and tell me if I’m doing something complety wrong?
Should I send this file to you or someone else? I don’t want to just upload it to the Forum.

You can actually upload it here and it won’t be made public, only HMS employees will have access to it.

ok here it is

Is the easiest way to post messages to an Azure IoT Hub via MQTT ?

Any comments on the file I uploaded?

I’m sorry, I have not had a chance today, it’s been extremely busy

any chance of getting anyone to look at this?

Any updates on this?
Need help with this next week.

I’ll take a look at it today.

This document explains how to connect the Flexy to the Azure IOT hub:

HMS-eWON-Flexy-integration-to-AZURE-Iot.pdf (557.0 KB)

And here are the files you will need:

AZUREIOT.zip (4.7 KB)

Thanks,
but did anyone look at the backup file I uploaded?

The basic file? Yes. There are some good examples using basic in the zip file I posted in the previous post as well.

Going through the Flexy to Azure pdf, but the section describing the link to download the azure-iot-sdk-csharp does not cover how to download and install that package, and I’m a bit unclear on how to do that. Any directions?

I got past the iot-sdk portion, but after entering parameters in the Flexy and attemp to connect, the Basic console prints no status so I don’t know why it’s not working.

I’m getting an error connecting too right now. I’m working on finding the problem and will update you when I find it.

Did you build the Device explorer and find your device in there?

I was able to get to the point to see messages in the basic console.
I used the cli tool “az iot hub devicestream show” to see data, but I could only see a time stamp coming through, no data from tags.