Multiple Allen Bradley to a Flexy 205

Hello, I want to communicate more than 3 Allen Bradley PLC to a Flexy 205, but the Model Flexy 205 which I am using is (Model 02801), but to communicate more than it requires a COM port, which I am not having is there any alternate way to communicate more than 3 PLC with this current model which I am having?
Thanks.

What type of PLC? If they are using ethernet, you just need to add a switch to communicate with more.

All are Compact Logix, and one is Compact Guard Logix.
Compact logix IO is ABLOGIX I am not sure about the other one. I have total 5 PLC to communicate with.
There are only 3 topic for ABLOGIX IO.

You don’t need to use the topic to configure the address for the PLC. You can put the address in the tag itself.

1 Like

Trying to tell say about this. I can only add 3 PLC address to ABLOGIX IO.

Like I said in my last post. You don’t need to use the topics. You can put the PLC address in the tag settings.

The address in the Tag settings will override the Topic.

1 Like

Hi,

Very interesting topic because I find myself in a similar situation.

If we can address a tag directly to a specific PLC by indicating its address without using topics, then what is the difference between configuring 3 topics and instead doing direct addressing?

From what I had been told so far, I understood that the Flexy205 could manage at most 3 machines at the same time from which to collect data.

Thanks

Yes Even I believe so I just addressed other Machine centers Tags to the Master PLC which I can communicate with Flexy.

Using the topics makes it a little easier to setup multiple tags as the PLC info does not need to be entered every time.

1 Like