My VCI server will not remain running

My VCI server will not continue to run. After the service is started, it immediately stops.
How can i determine if the issues lies with the PC?

Mark Bowman

Hello Mark,

Have you used this PC before with the VCI Device server control? What IXXAT CAN interface are you using?

Best regards,
Nick

Hi Mark,

Usually I would recommend seeing if the IXXAT interface is added in your device manager window in your PC. That is the first place to check. If you do not see it, maybe an update to your VCI drivers are in order. Please feel free to respond to continue this discussion. Thanks!

Nick

I reinstalled the VCI 4 drivers, but the VCI service keeps shutting off.
Please advise.

Hello Mark,

Can you please answer the following?

Have you used this PC before with the VCI Device server control? What IXXAT CAN interface are you using?

Nick

We have successfully used this PC before. We were connecting to a CanBlue device.

Sorry, yes. We have used this PC with the VCI before running canblue. We upgraded to the latest drivers, I’m not sure if this is the issue.

Did this issue only start when you installed V4? Can you verify that you do not have multiple versions of the VCI drivers installed?

I double checked, and we advertise that the CANblue II works with VCI V4.

If need be you can private message me and we can put together a call/teamviewer to take a look. Thanks!

Nick

Hello,

For this issue we found that there was an issue with the PC’s Bluetooth drivers, thanks!

If you get the same issues please try doing Windows updates or update the chipset for your Wireless card.

Nick