NAT 1:1 on Flexy not working

Flexy 205.

No, using expansion card for WAN port.

All 4 internal ports are LAN only.

Try a different firmware?

Wipe and start from scratch?

I’m starting to think this may be an issue with the WAN port expansion card. Do you want to try it without with card?

I would try that first and if that doesn’t work we can factory reset it.

Sure.

Will try and get back to you.

So I removed the card and defined one of the builtin ports as WAN port.

It made me re-add to the cloud which I did.

Now, NAT on Lan (Plug’n Route) when I check this and click update, and then click something else and the come back I find NAT and TF disabled.

It will not stay checked.

In the tabular section, NATItf keeps resetting to 0 no matter what!

I beginning to think 13.2S1 firmware is horribly bug ridden.

Dave,

Check the value of ‘RTEnIpFwrd’ and make sure it’s set to ‘1’. If it’s set to ‘0’ it might be causing that issue.

Kyle

Yep, that was it.

Is there a checkbox somewhere that controls that parameter?

And the best news is that it is NATing now!

Apparently you have a NAT bug when used with the FLX3101 WAN card.

Thank you for your patience with this Dave. I’m glad it’s working now! I’m going to escalate the issue to see if we can get to the bottom of it and get this fixed. I will let you know when find out more information.

Kyle

Any news?

Our customer is bugging us for a date to get this resolved.

This is a major Fortune 1000 customer who has a new plant with a bunch of our machines and Ewons, so it is getting a little awkward.

Right now our only option is to swap out 4 slot Flexys for the new 2 slot Flexys, but obviously that a lot of money for us to do that.

Any idea of a timeline for a fix?

Hi Dave,

I completely understand your frustration on this. I do have a ticket open with the eWON developers and will follow up with them today. I will get back to you with an update as soon as I speak to them.

Kyle

Thanks!

Hi Dave,

The developers said this issue only effects the Flexy 205 so if you are having an issue with a 201 please check the settings. I think we’ve discussed most of them already, but also make sure NATItfProt is set to 2. If you still have problems please send me a backup w/support files.

Thank you,

Kyle

We don’t have an NATItfProt

We have a NAT11Itf and is indeed =2

Do you mean WANItfProt?

We have NatItf and it =3

Please advise

Sorry, I meant WANItfProt.

Hi, do you have any projection when the firmware bug for NAT 1:1 not working when you use a WAN enet card instead of the built- in Ethernet for WAN?

It’s been since May that you and I finally narrowed down this bug, and I don’t see updated firmware to address it.

Dave Ewaldz

Project Engineer

Martin Automatic Inc.

Topic closed due to inactivity.