NAT 1:1 to ControlLogix PLC not working

@anonutlxikyc

• confirmed settings are correct, but cannot ping the PLC

Hi Wes,

A couple other things to check:

1. Make sure Natltf is set to 3 in comcfg.

2. Make sure firewall setting on Cosy is set to Stanard

Kyle

Kyle,

I wanted to add that my WAN connection is WIFI only. When I had NAT working on the 3G unit, I was using wired WAN. I don’t know if this is the issue? Is there a parameter to set what hardware interface NAT uses? I’m still unable to reach my devices from the WAN side.

Thanks,

-W

Wes,

You do not have to specify, because there can only be one active WAN connection at time, currently the WiFi interface. It sounds like you had WAN fallback configured before.

Can you run a backup using eBuddy (Check “include support files”) and post it here so I can take a look at it?

Thanks,
Kyle

Kyle,

Please see the attached backup.

-W

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (118.5 KB)

Kyle,

I tried to post this on the forum as well, but I’m not sure if I did it correctly. I verified the settings you mentioned an am still not getting any communication through the NAT.

Thanks,

-W

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (119 KB)

Yes you did it right. The system automatically hides the attachments.

Sorry for the delayed reply. Please change these settings in COM cfg:

Natltf : 2

If that doesn’t work, Make sure the PLC has the 10.0.0.10 IP addresses you’ve configured and test it’s communication with another device like your laptop.

Kyle,

I’ve tried both NatItf = 2 and NatIft = 3 with no luck. The PLC address is correct. I can connect to it when I have the VPN established. I’ve also mapped 2 additional devices from LAN to WAN and they do not respond. I’ve attempted to reach the mapped devices from 3 different computers now with no response. I will probably try hooking up the wired WAN connection next, because that is how NAT was actually working with the last EWON we were using.

-W

Kyle,

I attempted to switch the ewon over to a wired WAN connection by modifying WANCnx to 2 and setting EthIpAddr2 and EthIpMask2. After modifying and saving the values I lost connection to the ewon without initiating a reboot. I am now unable to reach the unit using ping, eCatcher, or eBuddy. I need to get the NAT working on this unit over the Wifi connection, or I will need to replace the 3G Cosy and use a wired connection. Is NAT over Wifi something this module is capable of?

-W

Yes, it should work over Wifi as well as ethernet. I will do some testing to confirm, and share the settings with you.

15 days, any update to this. My EWON NAT is still not working.

Hi Wes,

I’m sorry for the delay as I’ve been off for the holidays. What is a good number and time to reach you so we can work to get this resolved.

Do you remember if we confirmed that the default gateway was set in the PLC to be the eWON’s LAN address? I have seen that cause this problem.

Kyle

Topic closed due to inactivity.