NAT on VPN network

@jamest
Hi James,

After thinking about this issue, it is different than I originally thought. The OMRON PLC shouldn’t need the eWON’s VPN IP address. The PLC is going to use the LAN address which can be set to whatever the customer wants. Sometimes we have an issue where our VPN address conflicts with a customer’s network and we can switch VPN servers, but that does not appear to be the case here. There shouldn’t be any reason for the controller to address the VPN directly unless the customer has a very unusual configuration. I would recommend double checking with him, or having him give us a call to better explain what he’s trying to do because it appears there may be a little confusion.

Kyle Reynolds
312-893-5636

The guidance was originating from this article.

https://assets.omron.com/m/489521a4394f9f42/original/eWON-Remote-access-to-NS-HMI-CJ-or-CP-PLCs-Guide.pdf

As far as I know there is nothing that NATs LAN to VPN because PLC needs to access the Remote Host (eCAtcher Client)

Regards,

Thanks James,

I understand now. You can actually do NAT 1:1 on the VPN. You will have to make sure that you set the Default Gateway on all LAN devices to be equal to the eWON’s LAN IP address.

Go to Setup > System > Communication > Routing and change the Mapping to NAT 1:1 on VPN and then enter the LAN and VPN ip addresses.

Kyle

Topic closed due to inactivity.