Need help with ACM using Modbus Communication

Hello.

I am looking for some help with setting up addresses and all necessary stuff for modbus communication protocol, using RS485.

I have a weight measure that has table of around 250 double word addresses. Ofc I will not have to use them all, however if I will need to use for example ADR 027, 112 and 206 I wonder how should I set it up in ACM.

I downloaded your ipconfig program, where I found the device on profinet. I also downloaded GSDML for anybus I just have to figure out how big IO modules do I need there, but I am pretty new with modbus communication that I should use for the communication between the profinet, anybus and weight measurement.

I read ACM manual that is describing what each operation means, but I am looking for a little more specific directions how to set this step by step.
Right now I set up fieldbus type to profinet IO, then I checked communicator RS232/422/485 if physical interface is set to serial which was and then I changed parameters for subnetwork parity, bitrate etc… Now I should probably start setting up the addresses, but I am not really sure how to start properly.

I would be very grateful for each advice. Thank you

Regards
Morvis

Hello @Morvis,

I would recommend you use the wizard for your first setup. This should give you the base configuration that you need. Once you have that you can modify to better fit your needs.

I also have this topic that walks you though a basic manual setup. I think this guide should give you what you are looking for as a guide.

I would also recommend the site simplymodbus.ca as a resource for modbus in general.

Let me know if you have any additional questions that are not covered in that guide.

Deryck

Hello.

That website was pretty useful, thank you. Right now, we are trying to connect the device.

When I use your program for ipconfig and go for scan I can see my device here, but still when I try to connect through ACM it wont happen.

I wonder, if for the first set up I have to connect computer through usb port before I will be able to communicate on Profinet. Is it necessary to connect directly?

Our LEDs:

1. OFF
  2. ON (green)
  3. flashing (green)
  4. OFF
  5. ON (green)
  6. flashing (green)

We tried to get it out of power for like restart and after that LED number 2 started to flash red, other LEDs are same.

Regards

Hello Morvis,

The Communicator is programed over a serial connection via the RJ11 port on the bottom of the device. The device should have come with a DB9 to RJ11 programming cable. You might need a USB to serial to connect. Once a Configuration is downloaded you should see the device’s led’s go into the run state.

Deryck

Topic closed due to inactivity.