NETBITER EC150 connection problem

Hello, I have a problem with an EC150, it has been OFF LINE for several months; I cannot synchronize it with Argos; I also cannot connect with the IP address, the identifier and the password do not answer -> ID: 00311FB6ECA; Username: admin; Passeword: <removed>. I still have the message: error name and password. Indicator lights -> Status module: green; serial link status: off; activity / collision: green; link: orange. The customer has never carried out the firmware updates since the commissioning of the device is this the problem? What should I do to return it to service? Regards Florian

Hello,

There have been several security updated over the last few years if the firmware was not updated this could be one reason. Can you elaborate on what you mean by the device being offline for several months? Was this device connected to Argos? The devices status in our system indicates it has never been online or synchronized.

The devices are in there End of Life state and due to updated certificates in Argos they might not be able to connect. Updating the firmware might remedy the issue.

Deryck

Hello, we put the netbiter into service in 2016 in the boiler room of a retirement home, in 2018 we lost the maintenance contract. Our successor disconnected the Netbiter to install its remote control system. We recovered the maintenance contract at the start of the year and returned the netbiter to service, but it never reconnected to Argos. How can I update the firmware? Sincerely Florian.

Hi Florian,

I verified with development that the EC150’s still work with Argos. You do need to have the latest security patch. The files and instructions are available on netbiter.com. Download the Security patch Zip file and follow the included instructions.

https://www.netbiter.com/support/file-doc-downloads/netbiter-ec150

Regards,
Deryck

Hello, I have downloaded the FIRMWARE for the EC150. I connect by the IP address of the EC150 but when I identify myself with admin and the activation code, an error message: “Username and password do not match” appears. What should I do ? is the username and password correct? -> ID: admin and PASSWORD: . Is there any other way to update? Regards Florian

Hello Florian,

You might have changed the password for the admin account. If this is the case you can re-write the firmware using the serial port and a null modem. This should clear all the settings including setting the password.

Deryck

Hello, I do not know and do not have a null modem cable, do you have a reference or specific characteristic of this cable? Sincerely Florian.

Here is a wiring diagram.

Hello, ok for the converter and how do I connect it to the PC?

You need to connect it to a serial com port on your PC. If needed a USB to serial port can be used.

Ok thank you for this information I will get a cable and try to reload the firmware. Sincerely Florian.

Hello, I have made the downloads using a null model cable and I still cannot access the local configuration page with the IP address (Username and password do not match). Here is what I loaded using Update netbiter 2005/2009 V2.83: kernel.nbu (08/23/2016) and EC150_v1.40_b387.nbu (08/23/2016). I cannot load: WS100_EC150_Security_patch_2018_12_04.nbp with the version update netbiter 2005/2009 (the only one available on netibter .com support. Do you have a more recent version? Thank you for your return. Regards Florian

Hello Florian,

Could you be accessing another device? Double check the IP address with HMS IPconfig. https://cdn.hms-networks.com/docs/default-source/netbiter-english/software/ipconfig-setup-3-0-1-5.zip?sfvrsn=1833ced6_24 The ip address would have been cleared when you wrote the firmware.
The update cleared all settings including the passwords setting this back to the default activation code password.

Regards,
Deryck

Hello, after updating IPconfigue, I gave a fixed IP to the Netbiter (192.168.1.150). I opened Update Netbiter, using the null modem, I loaded kernel.nbu then EC150_v1.40_b387.nbu. I turned off the Netbiter, I turned it back on, I opened IPconfigue and performed a scan, the address of the Netbiter was not deleted it is still: 192.168.1.150. Is there a step or an update that I am not doing correctly? Is there another method to reset the Netbiter to the factory configuration? Can you give me step by step the reset of the Netbiter? To answer your previous question, yes I can access another device. Regards Florian

Hi Florian,

When you write the EC150_v1.40_b387.nbu firmware file should be clearing all settings but I am not sure if it clears the IP address. Unfortunately since we are working from home I do not have a device to test with.

To be sure, you are using the Netbiter Update tool, browsing for update file(.nbu) then clicking the start programming. Do you see the firmware file transfer in the progress bar?

Can you try the login user name and password admin and admin? Some older devices used this and my colleague is thinking this could be what some older EC150’s used.

Also make sure you are using all lower case for the user name admin.

Deryck

Hello, I have finally logged in with the admin and admin passwords! I loaded the software, firmware and patch up to date and I informed the activation code of the Netbiter, this is what prevented it from connecting to ARGOS. The Netbiter is back online. Thanks for your help . Best regards Florian

Great, glad to here it is working! These older devices can be tricky, especially when they don’t follow the manual.

Regards,
Deryck