Netbiter LAN IP

Hi,

I am trying to connect to Netbiter EC250 unit using LAN cable and trying to scan the device using IPCONFIG tool, but it does not bring any IP addresses. Could you please help to advise what is the IP subnet I need to update my laptop to detect EC250 unit using LAN port.

Regards,
Sagar.

The EC250 does not have a default IP address. You will want to set it with the nHMS IPconfig tool. Make sure the tool is not blocked by your firewall. You can try disabling it to rule this case out.

When you connect directly from you PC to the netbiter do you see a link?

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

I tried using IPConfig tool downloaded from Netbiter support page, but it doesnt detect the IP address of the Netbiter when it is connected directly to a laptop. Laptop is not connected to a networking when running ipconfig tool, does it still need disabling firewall ?

Regards,
Sagar.

Hello,

My guess is that your PC’s Firewall is not allowing HMS IPconfig network access so it cannot reach the device. Here is the latest version of the tool. If you are not already using this one you can try installing this one to see if it prompts for access through your firewall.

https://cdn.hms-networks.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/software/ipconfigtool.zip?sfvrsn=6e1142d7_48

Deryck

Hi @sagar.gali,

I wanted to check if there was any update on this case?

-Tim

hi Tim/Deryck,

We tried to install the ipconfigtool and it prompts for access through firewall. Could you please advise what can be done in this case.

Regards,
Sagar.

Have you tried installing it with access to the private network and seeing if that works?

Hi @sagar.gali,

Just checking in, did allowing IP config though your firewall help you discover the Netbiter?

Deryck

hi Deryck,

I was able to check the Netbiter unit on Friday after site team provided remote access. It was not detected through IPCONFIG tool, but was able to access it using the IP address 10.200.1.1 on the web-browser. I noticed that the Modem status shows disconnected, although the Mobile signal strength in that area is OK.
I tried to reset Netbiter to Factory settings to check further. After this, I am able to ping the IP address successfully but not able to login into it through web browser. Could you please advise how to gain the web-access back.

Also, please advise on any further steps to trouble-shoot the issue and get the Gateway working. Please find attached screen-shots for your reference.

Hi Sagar,

Deryck is going to be out until Wednesday but I can try and take a look at this with you. It does look like the modem has a somewhat weak signal strength. I think the minimum we usually recommend for a reliable connection is an 18/31. Could you potentially try moving the device closer to a window or maybe try a different area?

Do you have the activation key to use as the password for this device?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your feedback. I will try to move the device or check this in a different area.
I do have credentials to login to the device. However, I am not able to access the device on a web browser - although I am able to ping the IP address successfully. Could you please advise what could be the issue.

Regards,
Sagar.

Hi Sagar,

Could you try with another web browser potentially, or try and disconnect from the device and try pinging that address again just to make sure there’s not an IP conflict?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

It seem that the device gone completely offline after I did the Reboot to Factory settings. Could you please advise what would be the default IP address of the EC-250 unit once we do the factory reset.

I am not able to find it through Ipconfig tool as well. Ipconfig tool is downloaded from below link that Deryck suggested.

Could you please advise if I should try using older versions of the ipconfig tool.

https://cdn.hms-networks.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/software/ipconfigtool.zip?sfvrsn=6e1142d7_48

image001.png

image002.png

hi Tim,

Please advise if you will be able to join through Teamviewer to check the device and advise. I have connection established with the device today.

Regards,
Sagar.

We turned off Windows firewall, but still not able to detect Netbiter using IP config tool. Neither was able to access it through web browser.
However, the IP address 10.200.1.1 still seem to be the Netbiter IP address, as you can see from Wireshark traffic (screenshot below) that 10.200.1.1 returned the MAC address of the Netbiter unit.
We are able to ping the IP address as well.
Could you please advise what can be our next steps to get access to the Netbiter device and check further.

Hi @sagar.gali,

Sorry for the delay, we’ve been pretty busy these last few days and we’re still trying to catch up. If you’re still available to work on this today can you give me a call at 312-893-5636 and ask for Tim? I can try and take a look at this with you over TeamViewer

-Tim

Hi Tim,

could you please advise what time are you available today to join the remote session, so I can arrange with site. Site is in Kenya and their timezone is UTC+3.

Regards,
Sagar.

We’re available from 8AM -5PM Eastern Standard Time, I should be available for the most part today if you want to just call in to the queue, or if you want to schedule a time we could do that as well.

Hi Tim,

I am out of office tomorrow and will try to arrange a teamviewer session on Monday morning. Once it is arranged with site team, I will give you a call to connect. Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Sagar.

Ok that sounds good to me, feel free to give me a call Monday morning