Netbiters offline

@anon5534078030
Hello. We have 7 active netbiter subscriptions right now and I can’t connect to any of them. When we’re not actively looking at the device we turn the remote access off through the website so we don’t chew through data. For the last 2 months (it could have been longer but we’ve known about it for 2 months) we haven’t been able to enable remote access. Every time we try it generates an error that says Unable to update sys info. If you look at the status, they’re all showing offline. Because they’re all located in weird locations its hard for me to get to them to take a look, but when we have service techs or reps in the area they inform us that there are green lights on the devices. We’ve tried very basic things like power cycling them and it doesn’t fix anything.

Any advice you can give me moving forward would be greatly appreciated.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Problem with existing netbiter account

A post was merged into an existing topic: Problem with existing netbiter account

Hello,

I have the same problem as described in this topic. Did you solve it maybe?

Hello @vedoonrox

Can you provide more details on your issue? Are they offline?

If you are having iissues in quickconnect there was a security update to our servers last week that is causing issues with Quickconnect VPN tunnels. Updating to the latest firmware should resolve the issues.

Deryck