New password problem

Hello,

I have a Ewon Cosy+ and every time at the first connection when they ask to change the default password for a strong one, i can’t connect anymore. I put a new password and confirm it and after when i try to reconnect, it turns red and nothing happen. The only thing i can do its the factory reset and try again but always the same problem.

Thanks for your help

Are you using eBuddy to connect to the Cosy’s web interface for configuration? If so, is the device still visible in eBuddy after changing the password? If it is, try selecting it, hitting Open Browser, and then continuing the setup process.

Yes the EWON is still visible in eBuddy. When im trying to open the web interface from eBuddy, i have the same problem. I tried too to update the firmware but i got an error saying “eBuddy does not support this operation for tje selected product”

What firmware version is your device currently running? Can you also share the serial number if possible?

The version is 21.0s1 and serial number is [moved to staff note]

Could you try writing out a password in Notepad, copying it over to set it on the Cosy+, then copying it over again to log back in? I’d just like to make absolutely sure that the same password is being used and there’s no capslock or anything similar causing a mismatch.

Otherwise, could you take some screenshots of what you mean by it turning red and nothing happening? And when you say you try to reconnect, do you mean logging in to the device’s web interface, or something else?

Yes, i already tried to sign in with copy past to make sure but always the same problem.

For the incomplete configuration in the screenshot, i can’t continu the config because i need the password to change it

this is the result when a said its red

Do you have the same issue in another browser? Can you also try incognito mode?

No, still not working

Thanks for your patience troubleshooting this. At this stage, I’d like you to submit a ticket in our support portal. I have a couple more questions, but we may need to escalate this team to our engineering team. You can submit a ticket here: https://support.hms-networks.com/hc/en-us