No data connection to AT&T

I can not get the Netbiter to work via SIM card. It works fine if plugged into a local network IT shows it has a cell signal 21/31 I have driven all over the place and gotten even stronger signals but still does not connect. AT&T says the sim card is active.

Hello @chstewart,

What are you using for an APN? Have you verified with the carrier the APN is correct and that the sim card is capable of a 3g connection?

Deryck

AT&T has verified the service is turned on. I just checked and the APN is blank. I am actually having this issue on 3 units one of them started working for a few weeks and then stopped again.
I thought the APN usually auto populates if not how would

I set that up?

Hi @chstewart
I would expect the APN to be displayed here. How did you set the APN? What do you see on the modem setting section? Set the APN there and see if this corrects the connection.

Deryck

Thank you for your help I searched for AT&T APN and all I had to do is add “broadband” in as the APN name in modem setting and reboot the unit and it now works properly. I will do the same thing on the other two units that were giving me issues when I can and hopefully that will solve all of them.

Glad to see this first one is working. If one was not set this should solve the issue for all of them. Boadband is one of ATT’s common apn’s if that does not work you might want to double check with ATT for that simcards specific APN.

Deryck