No route to DNS and other issues

Hello,

We have an ewon cosy 131 WiFi. firmware rev 13, level 2 resets have been done. it consistently fails to set up. the WAN connection gets a big green tick, but the internet connection fails.

We’re giving it a static IP, a standard mask of 255.255.255.0, the default gateway is on the same network.

We’ve tried our local DNS, and googles (8.8.8.8) but it always says it has no route to connect to anything.

Interesting points:

1. even though we’re telling it to use wifi & static, the logs show it’s trying to receive a DHCP address on the physical WAN port.

2. our company firewall has been opened up for this to see if that was at issue - no change.

3. my laptop can connect to the internet when on the same wifi, gateway & DNS as the cosy, but the cosy cannot

4. my data guys cannot see the cosy from their scanning tools or even ping it from the core equipment on site even though we’re giving it an available IP address (1 exception to this, they were doing a continuous ping to it and getting no response, i initiated a tracert from my laptop to the cosy and this woke it up briefly and their ping’s were replied.

Any & all help appreciated

P.S. I don’t suppose theres a command line interface hidden away anywhere I could use instead of the wizards?

Would it be possible to get a full backup (including support files) for this Cosy? You can make a backup using eBuddy. Be sure to check the box marked “Include support files.” This will make sure the error logs are included with the configuration files.

Thanks,
Angela

Hi Angela, thanks for getting back to me.

backup & support files attached. (25.5 KB)

FYI I’m on UK time, so in about an hour if i don’t respond to you, I’m not being rude I’ve just finished for the day :smiley:

Thanks for the backup.

It turns out that there is a known issue with using WiFi and a static IP address. It is fixed in firmware 13.1s0 which is currently available in Pre-release. If you check the box in eBuddy to enable Pre-Release firmware, you’ll be able to upgrade by eBuddy. Otherwise, you can download the firmware from here. You can find the release notes there as well.

Let me know how it goes.

Perfect thank you! Upgraded the firmware to rev 13.1 and it sailed through the connectivity test - just waiting for the activation code but everything should be smooth from here, thank you so much

itlives

Morning Angela,

Thanks for the update - I’ll give that a try and let you know how it goes.

Topic closed due to inactivity.