Not able to ping LAN devices

Hello,

I have the same problem. Could you please mention what have you tried to fix the problem here?

Thanks,
Kartish

Hi,

Are you able to ping the LAN IP of the Ewon?

Do you have any devices listed in eCatcher, if not are you able to reach the device after listing it and reconnecting to the Ewon?

Is someone on site able to reach the device if they are connected to an open LAN port on the Ewon?

Can you provide a backup of the Ewon from eBuddy and include support files.

Hi,

Yes, I can ping the IP address of the ewon (192.168.131.251)
I have listed a device(PLC) with the IP address 192.168.131.5 but I cannot ping it. Neither can I ping any other device on the network within the 192.168.131.xxx segment.

I had asked someone on site to connect their Laptop to one of the free LAN ports of the ewon and try to see if they could ping the PLC. But they couldn’t do it.

I have attached the system log file here. For the backup of the ewon through ebuddy, I will have to wait until the customer allows access to the ewon.

systemLogs-20210414T065006.zip (223.1 KB)

Best, Kartish

Hi Karish,

When you are connected to the Ewon through eCatcher you can open up eBuddy and create a backup since you are connected to the device.

Hi Zach,

Ok. Just did it. Here is the backup attached.

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (172.5 KB)

Best, Kartish

The backup I am seeing NATitf is set the 3 which is the default and will allow access to LAN devices that are connected and in the subnet of 192.168.131.x. I do not see an indication of a setting on the Flexy that would need to be changed.

With ecatcher are you using version 6.6.4?
Has someone onsite been able to use a free LAN port and ping the PLC yet?

Yes I am using ecatcher v6.6.4.
The last time I had asked a guy to try to ping the PLC byconnecting to a free LAN port, but they couldn’t.

Strangely, on the web interface of this ewon, under ‘Profinet Explorer’ , I can see a list of devices but I cannot ping to any of these.

Has it got to do something with my IP address settings on the local computer? Do you think a master level reset and reconfiguring will do any good?

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. I have tio attend to this problem tomorrow.

Best, Kartish

Hi Kartish,

What is on the LAN side of the Ewon and have you been able to reach the device in the past?

If they were not able to ping the PLC locally it looks like either the cable connected between the Ewon and the PLC is bad, the PLC address has changed, or something was moved or added on the LAN side of the Ewon that would prevent communication.