NTP time synchronization failed (Flexy 205)

In our error logs we continue to get;
“uact-NTP time synchronization failed (Server: pool.ntp.org)”

we have it set to pool.ntp.org because I was following advice on this forum post: NTP time synchronization failed.

Was ntp.talk2m.com previously with same error.

The current time and date is right, and I have given in a week after changing the NTP address to resync to see if the error would clear itself.

Any advice?

It is common to see this error when the device is starting up and not yet connected to the internet, but then it completes upon connection. Is the clock actually wrong or are you just seeing the error?

ntp.talk2m.com just forwards to pool.ntp.org.

Can you create a backup including the Support Files for us?

Kyle,

Okay I have gone through the log and it does seem like it correlates with equipment turning on. Yes the time is correct, I am just trying to clean up the log so I don’t get this error anymore.This makes sense. Is there anyway to fix this it so it waits a couple minutes to sync?

There is a setting that disables NTP sync on on startup.

In config.txt (SYSTEM cfg) change ‘NtpUpdateOnWANCnx’ to ‘0’.

Kyle,

The issue still is happening, and it is not only on startup like I thought earlier. I have attached support files.MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (233.5 KB)

Hi @Dan_1,

It looks like you are using a static IP address, but have not specified a DNS server. Please change EthDns1 and EthDns2 to public DNS servers, such as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Kyle

Kyle,

Just letting you know, I set the DNS addresses and still could not get the error to clear. I tried a bunch of different things, I ended up changing my Flexy to DHCP and that fixed it for me. Thanks for working through this with me.

Hello, one question about this topic.
You mention to set DNS for the EthDns1 and EthDns2 but are these used over the WAN interface or the LAN interface?

@thaas
Just in case you hadn’t figured this out. The DNS are under the WAN setting