NTP time synchronization failed

Every time we try to change the time zone in this unit, we get a NTP time synchronization error. Everything else within the unit seems to be working well. We are using “ntp.talk2m.com” as our NTP server address, and we want to “update clock via NTP”. Any reasons for this happening?

The error shows up in event logs as shown in the picture below:
Event= -21627
Description= uact-NTP time synchronization failed (Server: ntp.talk2m.com)
Originator= unact

Try updating the NTP server to pool.ntp.org.

I tried and it seems to still have issues. Any other suggestions? Below are our account credentials if you want to take a look at them. Its the eWon with time sync issues.

Thanks,

Sam Hayes

I just logged in but it looks like someone else is also logged in with the same account right now

I think it should work now. Let me know if it doesn’t.

Hi Sam,

This device is showing the correct time in EST. Maybe it just needed a little while to sync up with the NTP server?

Kyle

It is currently the correct time, but I believe that it can become incorrect because it isn’t syncing to the server correctly. For example, day light savings will throw it off. I noticed that the Enable NTP Server check mark wasn’t checked under Setup- Main- Net Services. I checked that as well as trying the other server again, and it seems to still be getting the error.

Hi Sam,

The NTP Server check box you are talking about makes the eWON an NTP server to it’s LAN devices.

I logged back on and it is currently updating with the NTP server successfully every 10 minutes. Let it run overnight and make sure it’s still updating tomorrow.

Kyle

Kyle, when I was working with a Flexy in November I was told that that NTP check box allows the Flexy to update via NTP, not for it to act as an NTP server itself. That was in this thread:

Specifically this post:

Is it different for the Cosy vs the Flexy?

Tom,

The screenshot you posted shows a checkbox with the words “Update Clock via NTP.” That is found in the “Date and Time” section.

The OP, Sam, was asking about the page labelled “NTP Server.” See below:

It can be confusing because the GUI changed. One of the pics in that post was of version 12 when the NTP client options were in a section labelled NTP(time), but now they are under Date and Time.