Omron XML File for AB7061 (Multiple Configurations)

In January 2018, I created a post and it was answered. It was related to the XML file required for Omron NJ processors for the AB7061 EtherCAT to Modbus RTU gateway. (Issue ID 185-24741). This fix worked perfectly. However, I am required to add an additional AB7061 gateway to my system that is configured with different IO sizes. I am using the ESI File Generator in the same manner, however Omron Sysmac Studio will not allow multiple ESI files of the same Major/Minor revision.

The original file had 74 bytes in, 36 bytes out. The new file will be 74 bytes in, 18 bytes out. Both are revision 3.3.

Please advise.

Thank you.
SJHunn

Hello @StevenHunn,

I am not sure if we have a workaround for this issue. You might need to reach out to Omron for this issue. I will ask my colleagues if they have any suggestions.

Deryck

Hi @StevenHunn,

One idea that my colleague had that might work for you would be to update the older device to match the larger data size. The extra 18 bytes could be ignored by the gateway. This would avoid needed to have two eds files.

Deryck

I had considered that. I may do that within the next couple months. I currently made a work-around that seems to be working for now. I simply moved the old file into a temporary folder and replaced it with the newer file. This allows me to complete the configuration on the newer system. However, when I connect to the older system, the software tells me that the configuration has changed and gives me the option of updating, or leaving it alone.

Thanks,

Steven J. Hunn

Principal Engineer