ONDATE setup

How to set up ONDATE to generate a report every 7 hours and 40 minutes (=460minutes) ?

Hello,

Page 79 and 80 of this doc should be helpful if you run into more questions

rg-0006-01-en-basic-programming.pdf (758.6 KB)

But you should just be able to do something like this

ONDATE 1,“40 7 * * *”,“GOTO MyFunc”

Hey Tim,

I guess that option will trigger an action every day at 7:40.

What I need is to trigger it every 7hours and 40 minutes (or which is the same every 460 minutes).

Rafael

I think I will try with TSET 1,27600, then ONTIMER 1,””

What do you think?

Hello,

I think there might be a limit on the amount of time that TSET will allow you to have. One thing you could do is set the tset to go off every one second and have a tag that will act as a counter.

So you could create a tag like seconds and then set up a script like this

TSET 1,1
ONTIMER 1,"@time()"

Function time()
second@ = second@ +1

if second@ >27600 then

seconds@ = 0
// write the action you want to perform here
Endfn

OK.

Will try that.

I’m just waiting to see if the script I started a few hours ago fails or not when it reaches the 27600 seconds.

Will let you know.

1 Like

Thanks,

I’ve actually been meaning to test how far you can go with TSET for a little while now, I just haven’t gotten around to it yet

The first command was triggered at 10:02

If the following happens at 17:42 then we are all set.

Will let you know later today.

Thank you again.

"This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination, copying, or use of this electronic email or its contents by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email or telephone call so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message in its entirety. Thank you.”

Hey Rafael

Just wanted to check on this again and see if you found a limit with the TSET or if it worked.

Thanks,
-Tim

Hey Tim.

Thanks for asking.

I have the script running since the day we talked and it is doing fine.

I’m using 27000. Not problem so far.

Thank you.

Rafael

"This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination, copying, or use of this electronic email or its contents by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email or telephone call so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message in its entirety. Thank you.”