ONSMS not working

Hi @Tmurray

I’m working with a developer on this right now for the Verizon one. With the US Cellular device, do you know if he was able to get the device online in eCatcher yet or is it still failing that wizard?

I contacted US Cellular and they said the IMEI is not compatible with SIM (this one happened to be a pre-paid phone SIM). So I am checking for options with US Cellular plans.

US Cellular is not an option so trying to see if one will work. Only connection needed is SMS so Internet is not required but is included with the SIM. Tried T-Mobile with APN of internet but failed with eer-Assert: Invalid parameter (Id:).

Hi @Tmurray

With T-Mobile the APN may have been something else. These are some common default APNs for T-Mobile, but if it’s not working with one of these, you might have to contact them to see if you have a custom APN.

I may have not been clear. When I tried setting up the US Cellular the Wizard for United States list various cell companies but did not have US Cellular as an option. So I selected (or kept) T-Mobil and used what I thought was the APN for US Cellular (internet). But it did not work. The T-Mobile SIM is configured correctly. When I called US Cellular to get the APN I was told that the IMEI number was not comptable and that they could not move the phone number from the cell phone to the Flexy. Now I am just trying to get a US Cellular plan and SIM that is compatible. That’s the direction I am pursuing now for the Flexy system not using Verizon. Any information is appreciated so thanks for your research and replies.

Hi @Tmurray ,

I would like to try and clear up a few things to help out here. Especially your last post seems a bit confusing.

I would not recommend US cellular they are in a weird grey area where i think their 3g is CDMA and we also do not have a compatible modem for their 4g modem. As you noticed US cellular is not even in the list of carriers on the device. This is also why Us cellular is saying the IMEI is not compatible.

If you are using Verizon you need to use the Verizon 4g modem FLB 3203. We also have know issues with SMS messages where they are not being received. This is an active issue with development but we do not know when it will be fixed.

With the FLB 3205 North american 4g modem you can use it with ATT and T-Mobile and should be able to send and receive SMS messages.

Deryck

Thank you Deryck, It looks like we will have to limit our usage to areas that have AT&T or T-Mobile service available because we are relying on the text messaging (SMS) for a selection of our product lines. Another subset of our products use IP services so we can continue to use Verizon for them.

If you do get the Verizon SMS working please let me know.

Hi @Tmurray

We’re looking into the Verizon issue right now so I’m hoping to get you an answer on that one soon.

Thanks Tim.

I have to admit I got the FLB3203 & FLB3205 backwards in my previous post. But when I pick one up I look at the description: one says Verizon and the other does not. I know I am using the Verizon SIM in the module that says Verizon so it is only my post that has them swapped.

I am being pressed to get a date or some time estimate as to when the Verizon SMS will work or find a product that I can use with multiple carriers. Verizon is a major carrier in the US.

I did additional testing to see if maybe I could make a script work without the ONSMS by retrieving the SMS message every second using the ’ Getsys Pgm, “SmsRead” ’ but the return code was always false/zero (=0).

Any hope of a fix in the next few days, weeks?

Hi @Tmurray

I’ll send him another message and see if he has any update for me. We’ve seen the issues that you were mentioning though and are trying to figure it out with the debugger on the device.

-Tim

Please ask again for an update. We really want SMS to work on the Verizon network.

Hi @Tmurray

Sorry for the delay on this. I’ll give you an update on what we’ve seen so far.

We have a colleague on the west coast that has a 4G Verizon card from Enabling Elements that seems to be able to send/receive messages without any issues. We don’t see any difference in configuration of the device or SIM card capabilities.

Right now we’re thinking there might be some kind of regional difference between the east and west coast that is causing issues with sending/receiving messages. It appears that there may be some kind of issue because there’s no SLA that specifies a time for a device to send/receive text messages and we think there may be timeout issues.

Maybe we can find some kind of work around for what you’re trying to do with your application in the meantime while we try to figure out this Verizon issue?

-Tim

A work around option that functions could be an option.

I have two Verizon Modules (FLB3203) and two Verizon SIM cards. They have different APN: mw01.vzwstatic & internet. The one with a static address will only send an SMS, but the other can also receive an SMS when I set a timer to read the SMS message every 2 seconds. The message is there but the ONSMS never happens nor does the ‘Getsys Pro, “Smsread”’ return anything other than zero. The ‘Getsys Prg, “smsfrom”’ and ‘Getsys Prg, “smsmsg”’ both return the last valves received on the one that is not static. So there appears to be something different with Verizon between these two SIM/APN pairs.

I could have one turned on for your engineers to remotely access if that would be helpful. Just one or the other

I was typing from memory and the APN is probably vzwinternet not just internet.

As of right now we don’t have a method figured out to get the Verizon SIM cards to read SMS messages, but what is the end goal that you want to happen after it receives an SMS? Maybe we can find another way to do this without the SMS read?

It is just like the example that mcn posted. An operator sends a message to the station with a one or two word request: level or temp and the system responds to the text message with the current water level or temperature. The cell modem we used in the past is now obsoleted (2G) by newer cell tower requirements (3G, 4G, and soon 5G).

Hi @Tmurray,

Sorry for the delay on this. Would it work to have the user either check the status through the eCatcher mobile app, or to go onto the device through M2Web to check the status of those levels? We could potentially do this through a ViewON page so that those values are showing immediately when you connect to the device.

-Tim

Hi @Tmurray,

Is this still an issue or can I close out this ticket?

-Tim

Topic closed due to inactivity.