OPC DA not responding

Hello, I’m working with a AB7634-F gateway, I’m reading data from the gateway using a Kepware OPC server using OPC DA, this works for a moment, and then a message appears and no more data reading is done.

Gateway configuration

Kepware OPC error message

Machines connected

Any recommendations or am I doing something wrong …
Regards

Hello @ismaelsaintgobain,

Can you double check the article number of the device? The AB7634 is a profibus slave to Modbus TCP server. It would not use the software you linked above. The software would be use to configure a profibus Master gateway.

What is the Kepware making an OPC connection to? Most of our X-gateways do not offer a direct OPC connection. They would use our OPC server software that runs on a PC. This software could be having issues and needs to be restarted on the PC.

Deryck

Tomorrow I can give you the exact model, I can’t reach it right now, but can be my mistake with the article number…

I’m connecting to it using the OPC server that runs on a PC,

OPC configuration

I have validated that the transport path is the proper one. And also I have just uninstall, and install Anybus OPC server.

Running version

I had working the solution about 10 hour ago, but now I can’t read data from gateway.

Ismael

Gateway info

Hello,

The only thing that looks out of place is the lack of server Namespace settings. Did you change or delete it? This section would include the tags the OPC client would read.

Deryck

Actually there are tags inside it.

If you monitor from the server do you see any values? You can do this by clicking the button with the two arrows.

You might also have the device type set in correctly. Try changing it to the modbus TCP/ Ethernet/IP adapter.

What does the configuration in ACM look like is the modbus TCP side set to 0 input and 0 output bytes?

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

I can’t see values, BAD_NOT_CONNECTED, I used to see but now I can’t

About changing the device type, I tried with the Anybus-S EtherNet/IP Adapter, and also with Anybus-S Modbus TCP Server, did not change the status.

ACM configuration
General

Profibus

Modbus

Are you reading anything using modbus TCP or ethernet/IP? Or is this just for the OPC connection? If it is just for OPC set the IO sizes to 0 and 0 to dedicated it all to the OPC connection.

Try deleting the transport provider path, and if you are still not getting a connection uninstalling the transport providers, reinstalling, then recreate the path.

Deryck

Deryck

No, I don’t use Modbus for other process, only OPC,

I deleted the transport path and re build it. without changing the IO sizes to 0,
nonetheless I had to reinstall transport providers 2 days ago.

Thankfully is working again,

Thanks for your support and for help us to troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks for following up and glad to hear it is working!

Deryck