OPC Server

I have an existing Anybus Communicator - EtherNet/IP (AB7072).

Currently an obsolete HMI that is communicating with an Anybus Communicator - EtherNet/IP (AB7072) by built in OPC driver to access the ModBus RTU addresses.
I have been tasked with converting the obsolete HMI to Rockwell FactoryTalk View SE.
FactoryTalk View SE can only communicate to third party devices using OPC Server such as Kepware.
My question is does Anybus have an OPC server for the existing Communicator
or do I have to purchase a “Anybus X-gateway – EtherNet/IP Adapter- Modbus RTU Slave (AB7839)” in order get an OPC DA Server software that FactoryTalk can communicate to?

No, there is no OPC server for that model. You would need either the X-gateway or the Communicator IIoT:

https://www.anybus.com/products/gateway-index/specific-gateways/anybus-iiot-gateways

I am okay with changing from the communicator to x-gateway or the lloT communicator but is the cfg config file for the communicator I have simple to download into the lloT or x-gateway and is the OPC server software compatible with Rockwell FactoryTalk SE direct like Kepware is?

The cfg file should work with the IIoT communicator, but will not be compatible with the X-gateway as the configuration software is different.

Either devices will be compatible as long as the HMI supports OPC.