OPC UA server

In my Flex 201 I have configure the OPC UA driver. Some of the tags I can see but not all of them. Is there a limitation. I am using a GE PAC100 plc fo that projet and inported all the plc tags in excel. Using the tag name form the excel table and comparing them with the one in the PLC.

I get the unknown icon onthe tag

Going with the opcus node, the listing is not showing me all the tags.

Please note that the tag explorer will not always see all the tags.

If you are seeing the unknown icon by a tag in the Tag viewer, please try checking “Disable Tags in Error” in ‘IO Servers > General > Global Settings’ and increasing the timeout. You should see an error in the Event Logs giving the reason why the tag is disabled. This should point you in the right direction.

Yes, the Flexy can only support about 1500 tags. How many do you have?

Hi Kyle

I have only 176 tags in the flex201 but even then, some of the tags cannot be read from the Ewon. I have increase the timeout to 10000, still not value and unknown icon

This tag is in the PLC GE pac100 and can see the value

Ex: ns=2;s=CONSIGNE4

this is also in the PLC, but the unknown icon appears and still no value

ns=2;s=SP_DEP_CHLORE_RESERVE

Regards

Have you tried reading them with another OPC UA client?

No

You should probably use UA Expert or another client to make sure it can read these tags and it’s not an issue with the actual tag.

Hi Kyle

In the OPCUA Export Type, What is the difference between the Tags name and tags ID

It’s for how the client should identify the tags, by their name or a Tag ID, which is just a number. Normally you would use the default, Tag Name.

Kyle

Since my IP from the PLC is different than the Ewon LAN IP, I have no access the the PLC remotely. I will get down there and try the OPC expert locally.

I will get back soon.

Kyle

I just count the OPC tags in the PLC and they are 1848 tags total. That would have no effect on the Ewon itself?

No, it doesn’t matter to the Flexy how many tags are in the OPC UA Client. The max of 1500 tags is maximum number of tags in the Flexy.