OpenVPN Certificate - Renewal

Hello,

I got the Certificate Expired message for some of my registered eWons.

The customer is connected to the internet but there is no VPN connection between me and him.
He is shown offline on the eWon List.
The “@” led is stable Green.
The T2M led is not flashing at all.

Is there another way to connect to the eWon and upgrade it myself or should they do it manually?

Hello,

If the device is not online, you will not be able to connect to it through eCatcher to upgrade it. We will need to have the customer either perform a recovery to get to a new firmware on the device (If the device’s firmware is older than 11.0) or use the update firmware process on eBuddy.

On your end, you could go onto eCatcher and right click on the device you’re trying to connect to and click on properties. Near the top of the screen there should be a button that says Talk2M Connectivity. If you go to that, you should see the activation key. You should send this to the customer, and then they should be able to go onto the devices web page and go through the setup wizards that will make sure the device is working properly and check the internet connection. Once all of that has passed, they should just need to add in the Activation key and you should be able to get access to the device again.

If there’s issues getting the device to connect to the internet, it could potentially be an issue with a newly installed firewall, but we might need to look more into it to be sure.

Thanks,
Tim

Hello,

Just to clarify, you do not need to update the firmware in order to connect to the device again, you will only need to connect to the device over Talk2M.

-Tim

The “@” LED is flashing stable Green. This means there is an internet connection, right?
The “T2M” LED is off.

Let’s say the Firewall is the issue, wouldn’t it block the internet access also?
Why would the firewall block only the T2M connection?

With the certificates, the certificate expired message should just be a warning, they shouldn’t be down until January.

As for the @ led, that should indicate that the device has internet connection. if the T2M led is not on, then that means there’s no connection to Talk2M. Can you get the activation key for him off of eCatcher and have him go through the configuration wizard again to see if there are any errors showing up?

I have seen some instances of devices being able to connect to the internet but have VPN blocked through a firewall in the past, so that could still potentially be an issue.

Thanks,
Tim

Hello,

Just wanted to make sure this issue is resolved before I close this ticket.

Thanks,
-Tim

Hey sorry for the late reply.
They had a new firewall installed, like you suggested.
I gave them a new Cert. Key and they installed it manually.
Worked out fine.
Also, another customer that connected their eWon online, the cert. updated automatically.
Thanks !

1 Like