Planner not executing at correct time?

My planner is set to send an email every day at noon but it seems to have executed at 7 AM?Date and time on the Flexy appears to be fine, it’s using the NTP server and I have the time zone set correctly.

Hi Tom,

Which version of the firmware are you currently on? There have been some recent updates to the NTP functionality recently.

We need to make sure the offset is correct (it would be 5 for EST, for example, not -5).

Kyle

I’m on 13.2s0

What do you see on this screen, under Setup, System, Main, NTP (time):

Well it was originally set up for NTP… Doesn’t seem to be anymore:

That should do it, let me know if you have any other issues after setting that to your timezone.

Are you sure that page isn’t used to set the Flexy up to BE an NTP server, not to update via NTP server?

When I run the system wizard it shows NTP is configured just like I thought:

Yes, I’m sure. you can choose whatever NTP server you’d like to use here. You might want to ensure the settings are correct and then reboot the device and check that they stuck.

Why does running the system wizard with the settings shown in my screenshot not enable the NTP server?

I’m not sure. I tried to duplicate it on a device with same firmware and couldn’t. Have you rebooted it recently?

It hasn't been rebooted to my knowledge.

I checked the box last week and you can see in the logs that for the last few days it has successfully updated NTP and also sent the email at the wrong time:

Backup with support files is attached.

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (799 KB)

Need help ASAP, please call me when you can.

I have a Flexy205 that will not let me restore a backup to it. We had a 4005CD installed at this location that was repeatedly going offline. When we reconfigured it the date was always set months into the future. We decided to replace it with a Flexy205 a couple weekends ago.

After replacing it with the 205 it worked fine but we noticed the emails it was sending had bad timestamps. I realized that’s because it was set to GMT when I configured the NTP server (I used eWONs server). I remoted in to try to adjust the GMT offset and when I clicked the submit button to set it the unit immediately went offline

Now the customer is onsite and I remoted in via teamviewer to try to fix it. When I got into the web interface the date and time were set perfectly, but the unit said the internet and VPN were not configured.

I tried restoring the backup I took of the 205 a couple weeks ago, as well as the original backup from the CD series. The restore failed on both. It would start transmitting and then it would fail and the unit would reboot itself

I have a backup with support files but the event log only has events as far back as 1:30 this afternoon. It must have gotten erased somehow when we tried to restore the backup.

I need to restore the backup because there’s a ViewON project and a ton of tags etc so I don’t want to reconfigure by hand.

Do you have a backup taken without the support files? If you take it with the support files, it can’t be restored using the eBuddy tool. You can manually restore the tags and the ViewON projects however, if you don’t.

Did you run the Internet and VPN wizards again after connecting with TeamViewer? It sounds like the VPN key made need to be reset.

Hi Tom,

It looks like the TimeZoneOffset field is set to -7200 in the config file:

That’s what’s causing the issue it appears. Do you know how to edit the config file?

Kyle

I’m rusty. Please walk me through editing the config file.

Is there nowhere in the GUI that allows you to edit that value? If not, how would it have gotten set to -7200 in the first place?

Attached is backup without support files in case you still want it.

I re-ran the wizards last week and got everything connected.

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (650.5 KB)

Hi it’s under Setup/Storage

and remember that it is listed in seconds, so for EST 5:00 it would be 18,000

So I should set that parameter to 18,000 or is it -18,000?

Positive. 18,000.