Problem on FW14_PR

Hi Team,
i have a problem with the pre-release firmware 14.
I have a MEM tag floating point;
if i manually edit the value of this tag, for example i set 3.33 , the ewon change the value in 3.3299999

if i use the inst_val.txt to set the tag, i have the same problem;

if i set the value in the basic-ide, i have te same problem;

The value saved in the Historical Logging has the same problem;

The value published on the opc-ua server is correct;

the value readed in basic-ide via print command is correct

Hi @iw3bti1

I was able to replicate the issue that you were seeing the first time that I did it, but after that, I wasn’t able to get it to get it to change from 3.3 to 3.3299… Are you still able to get it to do this? If so I was talking with a colleague in Belgium that would like to be able to see this bug

Hi Tim, i'm able to replicate the problem on my flexy 201

in attachment you can find a backup of my ewon:
MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (13.5 KB)

it is an ewon201 just updated to 14.0 RC and resetted to the standard parameter, then i add a float mem, if i set manually to any number with two decimals, the ewon change it to.
i made a little screen-video to show the problem
bandicam 2019-10-21 12-27-15-669.avi (5.1 MB)

Hi @iw3bti1

Thanks for the video, I’ll report it to research and development

are you able to replicate the same problem on your ewon?

Yes, I was talking with the developers on it and I think it’s something they’ll try to get fixed on the full release of 14.0

thanks a lot!

1 Like

hi Tim, any news for my problem?

Hello,

I believe they are working on this for the 14.0 full release, but we don’t have a time frame for when that will be released currently

Hi Tim,
with the new release 14.0 this problem is still present…

Hi @iw3bti1,

Sorry about that, I just talked with one of the developers and they told me they weren’t able to get this fixed in time for the 14.0 release but they hope to get it fixed for the 14.0s1 release .

They said that the issue isn’t that the value isn’t being stored correctly but it’s being represented incorrectly in the GUI. But if you try and export the data to datamailbox or opcua then it should show correct info

Topic closed due to inactivity.