Problem with Talk2m service

Just recently I have been getting the attached error. I log into eCatcher and it immediately pops up the error message, and I cannot connect to any of my devices. I followed all the steps listed here but the exact same problem persists.

What should my next steps be?

Have you reinstalled eCatcher? I recommend uninstalling eCatcher, rebooting, reinstalling it, then rebooting a final time just to ensure you have a fresh install.

If that doesn’t resolve the issue, can you tell us about what security software is running on this machine? Anything like a local firewall or antivirus beyond Windows Defender would be good to know about.

Yes, I did a full uninstall and reinstall with reboots before and after each step.

The only security software that I’m aware of is called SentinelOne Agent. I don’t believe this is the issue though, since my coworker has the same computer setup as me and is not having this problem.

Can you attach a support package from eCatcher? You can download it by going to Settings, then clicking “System logs” up top.

systemLogs-20230512T082354.zip (949.7 KB)

See attached

To provide some more recently discovered information, we recently had new software installed on our computers. Somehow, my partners computer didn’t get all of the new software, whereas mine did, and I’m having the issue where he isn’t. We compared software packages, and I uninstalled things until we matched, but the problem persists, which makes me feel like some sort of configuration was changed that did not get changed back during uninstall. I don’t know if that’s the culprit or just a red herring though.

Are you aware of any recent Windows updates installed on your machine?

What version of Windows are you using?

Can you try reinstalling eCatcher again now that your computer’s software matches your partner’s?

Not in particular.

Edition Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎6/‎1/‎2021
OS build 19045.2965
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

Did another reinstall. No change.

Has any progress been made on diagnosing this? Is there anything more I can do to get this resolved?

Could you submit a ticket at https://support.hms-networks.com/ so we can work with you to troubleshoot this issue in more detail?

For those looking back on this in the future, the solution was to modify the Talk2MVpnService.ini file as shown.

Uncomment (delete the semi-colon) the LoopBackAddress and the four Talk2MVpnServicePort lines, and modify the LoopBackAddress line to say /32 instead of /8.

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes