Problem with web interface of AB7670-F

Hello all,

I’m trying to establish a communication between a 1500 series Siemens PLC with profinet and ethernet/IP CKD block valves.

I establish the communication between Anybus and PLC (everything is green in Tia Portal), I set the IP of the block valves, but i cannot establish communication between Anybus and the valves.

From what i see, My first problem may be that my web interface is slightly different than the one in the instruction manual. I don’t have the scan list config button. Any idea why?

I attach some pictures, can you help me please

with this issue?
CKD io

Thank you!
Adrian

Hello Adrian,

It looks like you are connecting to the web server on the Profinet side not Ethernet/IP. Both the top and bottom have there own web pages. Once you connect to the EIP side you should see the tab to configure the scanner.

Regards,
Deryck

Hello Deryck, thank you for your response.

I didn’t thought about this, but can you please tell me what ip address should i use to connect? Because the one that i set on the profinet side doesn’t work.

Kind regards,
Adrian

It doesn’t have an address set out of the box. You can use the HMS ipconfig software to set the IP address.

Deryck

Thank you Deryck for your advice, it was usefull, cause i succeed configure the master ethernet/ip with the following ip: 192.168.1.19 and 255.255.255.0 subnet mask. Further i configured a block of valves with the ip 192.168.1.33 (that respond to ping) with the following bytes and point of connection:
CKD io
4 bytes for outputs with 101 points of connection and 2 bytes for input with 110 points of connection

I’m missing something because i have an error (MS):

I mention that first i configured the anybus through Anybus configuration manager for 4 bytes output and 2 bytes input, and when i saw the error i increased it to 16 both for input and output, because i understand it doesn’t matter if is bigger.

But still i have the MS error.

Can you further help me please?

Best regards,
Adrian

Hello again,

While i was surfing the forum i found other actions that i could do.

So i tried step by step the following:
To change the connection point config to 0 from 1 -> nothing
To change the transport type from multicast to point to point > nothing
I tried to add offset word > still nothing.

I installed EIP software and tried to read the errors, maybe you can translate it :slight_smile:
This is the response from the valve:

This is the resonse from anybus:

I send you this in order to try to save time… i need to test some cylinders and this is the first valve, after this i must add into the network other 2 that must command in total: 22 single solenoid valves and 9 double solenoid valves, and i lost already a couple of days with it…

Regards,
Adrian

Hello Adrian,

Your configuration looks correct based off of the manual you provided. Perhaps the input and output instances are revered. I can not tell from the limited info in the screenshot. It is normally done from the perspective of the master so originator(PLC) > target (slave/adapter) is the output and target > originator is input.

The molex example is requesting different data then you are requesting with the IEP scanner. Use a Get single (0x0E) or Set single (0x10) request. You also need to set the correct class and instance and attribute. I would expect something like the following. Please note this only verifies that the slave can respond to this particular request.

I would recommend getting a wireshark capture by mirroring the traffic to and from the scanner to your PC. You will need a managed switch for this. This should show the request from the scanner and the adapters response back.

Deryck

Hello Deryck,

I was expecting your answer with high expectation but my enthusiasm is down. Unfortunately i don’t have a managed switch here in the factory.

I have installed wireshark but if i need a switch with management is pointless…

I send the get attribute single with EIP and i attached the result:
This is the response from anybus:

and this is the response from CKD:

So i’m hoping that you will find other solution to solve this bug…

Thanks,
Adrian

Hello Adrian,

I am sorry to hear your enthusiasm is down. The molex tool at least shows us the instance and attribute is available. Unfortunately this does not tell us why the EIP scanner has a red MS light. This is where a wireshark capture would be helpful. Perhaps you have an old ethernet HUB. This would work similar to a managed switch.

Wireshark has some info on what is needed to capture the traffic. https://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/Ethernet

A few things worth trying would be to reverse the connection instances and sizes in case they are reversed. Also try switching the connection from point to point to multicast. I have seen this cause issues before.

Deryck

Hello Deryck,

I’m glad to announce you that i solved the problem.

I used RSnetWorx to set the connection between Anybus and CKD valves and it allocates 6 bytes of input instead of 2 like in the table, and when i check the manual of CKD they said that:

So now i have the following connection:
As you can see i added the rest of 2 valves. So everything was because Anybus asked for additional 4 bytes for input… so in total i have 6 instead of 2 like in the table:

Thank you very much for your help and interest!

Glad to hear it is resolved. I am not sure i have seen an issue like this before. Since we are reading the assemblies I would expect the sizes to be exact. I will have to keep this in mind for future issues.

Regards,
Deryck