Problems downolading to KTP400 hmi

HI
Up until recently I’ve been able to download mods to a Siemens project both plc (S7 1214C) and hmi (KTP400 Confort) via VPN.
Today I’ve tried and found that I can only conect to the plc, TIA portal does not see the hmi as it used to. eCathcher version 6.3.7 build 27686.
Any ideas?
Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark,

Do you have the device set to use TCP instead of UDP?

1 Like

Hi Tim, thanks for your response.

Does this apply to the hmi or my laptop?

I’ve been downloading modifications to this project for a while now with no problems, it’s just yesterday when I couldn’t.

As I said, I can download to the plc (S7-1214C) no problem but not to the hmi. This has only happened since yesterday.

Cheers

Mark

Do you know if there were any changes that were applied recently on the eWON side? Also you could try and enable broadcast forwarding and see if that fixes the issue.

I’d also check and make sure the device is responding to pings when you’re connected on the VPN

Hi Tim

I can ping the plc, the hmi and the eWon.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Hi Tim

Nothing has changed on the eWon side, this installation is in Australia, I’m in England.

Excuse my ignorance, but how do I ping the hmi?

Cheers

Mark

Ok so at least we know that we’re seeing the device. Can you try and go through the PLC discovery above and see if that works?

Hi Tim

If I search for accessible devices I get No devices found, except I know I can access the plc.

I’ve attached the result.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Tim, I’m heading home now, if there is anything you can suggest I’d appreciate it.

Cheers

Mark

Could you try and increase the timeout for the device?

Hi Tim, I’ll try but I can’t see how this has changed.

Cheers

Mark

Is it possible our modem is blocking something? We recently upgraded.

Cheers

Mark

I have a previous version which works so it can’t be the modem.

When you say you have a previous version that works, do you mean you have another cosy that’s working fine with this? Or another PLC that’s working with it?

Hi Tim, no I have a previous version of the plc/hmi programme.

I spoke to Siemens who suggested turning everything off and on again, to reset the network but this didn’t help either.

I’ve ended up just modifying the original programme which I can still download.

Cheers

Mark

Ok if you end up running into issues with it again later. We could try and take a look at this one again over Teamviewer

Hi Tim

It would probably be a good idea to bottom this out, however, I’m going to be off site for a couple of days.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark,

Feel free to call us 8:00 to 5:00 EST M-F at 312-893-5636 when you’re available

Topic closed due to inactivity.