Problems with software after upgrading to Windows 10 and VCIv4

@anonbowhidgj
Hi Nick,

Please include the details of the problems you are having and the errors you are seeing. I will send you the VCI version 4.0.507.0 as soon as I get it.

Kyle

@anonbowhidgj

I just sent a link to the software. Please let me know if you don’t get it.

Our situation is this: We have a Windows 7 32 bit machine running VCI V4 software version 4.0.507. The CANbus is operated in Keysight VEE 9.33, which basically means it is run using .NET 3.5. (VEE builds .NET operations in GUI form). The CANbus opens and operates ok.

We also have a Windows 10 64 bit machine running the newest version of VCI V4 software, version 4.0.848. We have attempted to operate the CANbus in the exact same Keysight VEE 9.33 program, same set of .NET commands, same Ixxat drivers, same location of the drivers, but the CANbus fails to open at the OpenBusAccessLayer command. It returns the following error:

“Exception type: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException
The constructor to deserialize an object of type ‘Ixxat.Vci4.VciException’ was not found.”

The input to the OpenBusAccessLayer command is the VciDevice that is in use. On our Windows 7 machine, iEnumerator.Current returns the VCI device type that is in use, while on the Windows 10 machine, iEnumerator.Current returns the device name. I don’t know if that’s relevant information, but I thought I’d give it to you anyway. What do you think we need to do to get the CANbus open and running on the Windows 10 machine?

Tomorrow morning I’m going to try installing VCI V4 software version 4.0.507 on the Windows 10 PC and trying to run the program again. I’ll let you know if I have any success.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Got it, thanks.

Thank you Nick. I am going to escalate the issue as well to the IXXAT developers so you may get an email in regards to that. I will let you know when I have more information.

Kyle

Hi Nick,

I got this response:

Dear Kyle,

1. The VCI V4 can install the VCI4.NET API, VCI3.NET API or both
depending on the selected check box during the VCI V4 installation.
See the attached screenshot.

2. Could you please let me know
which .NET API is used in your Vee Application:
a) VCI3.NET API (vcinet2.dll)
or
b) VCI4.NET API (ixxat.VCI4.dll, ixxat.x64.dll)

3. Using the VCI3.NET API
Please copy the used vcinet2.dll into the directory with the EXE file of your Vee application
or install the VCI3.NET API from our webpage separat/additionally:
https://www.ixxat.com/support/file-and-documents-download/drivers/vci-v3-driver-download

Best regards
Andreas

Hi,

I installed VCI V4 and am working with VCI4.NET API.

Thanks,

Nick

Kyle,

Was any solution found for this?

Thanks,

Nick

I’m sorry for the delay. I emailed our colleagues in Sweden today to follow up on this and should have a response tomorrow morning.

Kyle

Kyle,

You can ignore this ticket. Today I realized the CANbus device was not even connected (despite the server control application giving me a green checkmark when I start it), and opened up a new ticket to address that problem.

Thanks,
Nick