Pulling data from siemens im151-8 pn/dp cpu

hi TIM, questions:

1. if the ethernet port is the only communication on im151-8 cpu, which IO server I should select, S73&400 or S7200?
  2. there is an ethernet cable from PLC port to port 1 on Flexy already, can I use it to pull the data too?
  3. do you have any existing samples of how to do data logging from siemens IM151 cpu?
    thanks,

Hi Charles,

That device is based on the s7-300 so you should use that IO server. You can pull data from the current connection. See the following link for documentation and examples:

https://websupport.ewon.biz/support/product/s7300-s7400-s71200-s71500-and-vipa-0/s7-300-s7-400-s7-1200-s7-1500-vipa

Kyle

hi, Kyle. I got it worked under s73400. but havent read those links. I will.
thanks for help

sometime while I am on the flexy config window, the window just closes then ie stops, cant open that screen again. randomly happens, why?

is there any solid way to do this when you are local, rather than always over the cloud even you are in local?

Hi Charles,

Which page of the Flexy configuration UI do you have open when this happens? I would need to see the browser logs to tell you why it happened.

Firefox and Chrome tend to work better with the web UI in general, so I recommend trying one of those to see if you still have the problem.

Kyle

If you are local to the device you can connect from the LAN side using the LAN IP address, or you can connect from the WAN (plant network) if you are using that for internet access (not cellular) and disable the firewall, but this is generally not recommended for security reasons.

I will try to capture it next time when it happens

agree, that makes sense, using LAN port to pin that subnet address. I was thinking to use subnet address over the cloud, it opens, but it would be the same thing if I lost the cloud.
thanks, Kyle

I checked the logs, it actually shows disconnected. it is a cell type but the fallback to cable is enabled and plugged in. cable internet is good as well as 4G signals.

captured this one, it happens during pulling the data logs

It looks like those are happening when the cellular signal refreshes. By default, it happens every hour, but you can change that. I personally don’t think it’s necessary to do so often so usually change to twice a day. Go into Setup > System > Storage > Edit COM cfg and search for ‘MaxCallDur’ and change that from 60 minutes to something higher like 720 or 1440.

will try it. by the way, the FALLBACK function wouldn’t help to maintain the connection in this case?

The connection is only going down for a matter of seconds, however, the web server which you are interacting with at the time may take longer to come back up. So it’s just not a long enough disconnect for it fail over.

increasing maxcell time seems making the connection more stable, thanks.