Questions

Arjun
I have a few questions and I want to see if you could help me.

• I have a customer that need the CAD drawing of the Flexy205. The website has the Flexy201 but not the Flexy205. Can you send it to me?

• Is there a way to add a lot of tag to a Flexy? The customer is creating a list of tags we need to monitor and log in the Flexy but it is a lot and we do not want to add them individually. Can we create a CSV file in the correct format and import them?

• Is there a way to write the current time in the eWon Flexy to a PLC register?

• Does the Flexy automatically adjust it’s time based on it’s geo-location? Does it adjust for day light savings?

Thanks

Mike Kavanagh
Quantum Automation
Phone: 805-493-5848
Cell: 805-890-6453
E-Mail: Mike@QuantumAutomation.commailto:Mike@QuantumAutomation.com

For Orders:
Tel: 714-854-0800
Fax: 714-854-0803
e-Mail Orders: Sales@QuantumAutomation.commailto:Sales@QuantumAutomation.com
Address: 4400 E La Palma Ave., Anaheim, CA 92807
Web: www.QuantumAutomation.comhttp://www.quantumautomation.com/

We value your constructive feedback. Please click on the following link and let us know how we are servicing your company. Survey.QuantumAutomation.comhttp://survey.quantumautomation.com/

Hello,

The answer to your first question can be found here:

You should be able to get the time from a flexy and put it on the PLC by using the Basic IDE

Also the Flexy adjusts its time through an NPT server

Best Regards,
-Tim

Tim

Is there a procedure documented for the Tag Import/Export. I need to help a customer today.

• *Is there a way to add a lot of tag to a Flexy? The customer is creating a list of tags we need to monitor and log in the Flexy but it is a lot and we do not want to add them individually. Can we create a CSV file in the correct format and import them? * TRL: Yes, the tag database can be exported and imported as a .CSV file. The database can be created in Excel, then sent to the Flexy via FTP.

Thanks

Mike Kavanagh

Hey Mike,

I’d recommend first creating a single tag on your flexy and then going onto then connecting to the device through filezilla and then taking a look at the var_list.csv file. This should show you how you would need to set up the files in order to add them through an excel sheet.

Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks for the Excel file but how do you get the tags in and out of the eWon Flexy? Is there an Import or Export button somewhere?

You should just be able to either go into the device through the FTP or through Filezilla and replace the file on the cosy with the updated file