RE: ControlLogix Redundande

Estimados:

Quería consultarles si el módulo HMS-EN2PBR puede funcionar correctamente en un ControlLogix Redundande:

¿Esta arquitectura esta validada por HMS?:

Hello,

This linking device supports DLR, which is a form of redundancy for Ethernet/IP. Is this what you will be using?

Best regards,
Nick

Some devices are not recommended for redundant contrologix, such as the following:

http://www.prosoft-technology.com/knowledge-base/Rockwell-In-chassis/ControlLogix/MVI56-Series/How-does-the-MVI56MCM-module-work-in-a-Redundant-Control-Logix-Setup

This device (HMS-EN2PBR) has been tested in redundant architectures contrologix?

Tk!.

Lovera Hernán.

Hello Lovera,

DLR would not relate to redundancy, sorry for the confusion.

Unfortunately, we do not support redundancy because you cannot dedicate the 2 Ethernet ports on the front of the HMS-EN2PB-R to different PLC connections. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Nick

Nick:

Two ports with different IP addresses are not required, since the controllogix switches between one device and another. The problem may be associated with the number of words used in the communication.

As an example of this I send you a similar case in prosoft:

http://www.prosoft-technology.com/knowledge-base/Rockwell-In-chassis/ControlLogix/MVI56-Series/How-does-the-MVI56MCM-module-work-in-a-Redundant-Control-Logix-Setup

Best regards,

Hernán.

Hello,

It is hard to compare the HMS-EN2PB-R to an in rack module like this, however it supports 7000 bytes of data over 10 exclusive owner connections. You must use our AOP that is installed in Studio5000. I am not sure I would consider this redundancy, as this implies two ports going to separate PLCs.

Best regards,
Nick

Que tal, Hernán?

Lamentablemente me parece que no llegamos a ese punto. Agradezco por la oportunidad de conocer los límites de nuestros equipos. Voy enviar ese tema a nuestro gerente de producto para que podamos considerar cambios en futuras revisiones.

Un Cordial Saludo,

**Eduardo Giancristofaro

Gracias Eduardo,

Estamos detrás de una linda oportunidad en Uruguay. Pero tal como he enviado existe una arquitectura redundante y necesitamos estar 100% seguros del correcto funcionamiento de la misma. Si puedes avanzar con la inquietud, te lo voy a agradecer.

Saludos, Hernán.