RE: Digi to Ewon cross opportunity

Hey Chris,

Same application… could the Cosy/Flexy use an existing preferred Ex antenna. Spec sheet attached.

Thanks,

ANALYNK ANTENNA CTB SpecsB.PDF (204 KB)

Are you using this for WiFi or cellular. The antenna would physically work if you had the right cable or adapter to interface with the cosy SMA connector, so for Wifi 2.4GHz it would be fine, but for cellular it looks like it’s made to be an AT&T 3G antenna.

The antenna lists these bands:

• 824 ~ 896 MHz
  • 1850 ~1990 MHz

Yes it can work, you just need to get the right TNC to SMA cable or adapters, but if your planning on using 4G it might not be the best. I would survey the closest towers or test the antenna on site first.

Kyle

Hey Kyle,

Thanks for the feedback… it’s a cellular application. So you would be comfortable offering the Cosy EC6133H with the existing antennas (per spec sheet you reviewed).

For new 4G applications we could still go with a Cosy EC6133H…. with a different antenna. Could you please review the following web site and propose a suitable 4G antenna.

https://analynk.com/article_68_Hazardous-Area-Antennas.cfm#tab-2

Thanks,

The Cosy should work with the antenna for connecting to 3G signals fine, as long as you have the right cable/adapter to connect to the Cosy’s Type SMA - Female connector and there is adequate 3G service in the area.

I can give you the specs to look for what you want in an antenna, but the manufacturer is going to be in a better position to recommend one. I don’t see any on that list that have 4G specs. You should tell them you need a 4G antenna and that it needs to be 50 ohm, 2.0 to 3.0 dBi gain, and less than 5 Watt. Also a cable and/or adapter for a SMA - Female connection to the Cosy.

They may say that their antennas will work with 3G or 4G and they will, but if they weren’t designed for 4G they just won’t work as well, especially if you are trying to connect to a tower using a higher band.

I would recommend testing the antenna before making a large order in either case.

Kyle

Topic closed due to inactivity.