RE: eWON COSY 131 information follow-up

Good morning Simon,

During our final setup of the eWON Cosy 131, we were unsuccessful in sending text messages via email to Telus customers.

We have an active plan with Bell and have no connection issues. Successfully I was able to send a text message via email to multiple Bell customers with the Cosy. We were able to send a text message via email with our computers to the same Telus numbers.

Any insight into why the eWON Cosy 131 will not connect with Telus customers?

Hi Rachel,

Can you send us a backup.tar file with the support files included?

Thanks,
-Tim

Good Morning Tim,

How do I access the backup.tar file with the support files included? Will I have to power up the device?

Could you please give me a call today? My phone number is listed below.

Thanks,

Rachel Maynard

Hey Tim,

I have figures out how to create a backup.tar file with eBuddy. I will send you the files shortly, including account log files.

Regards,

Rachel Maynard

Electircal Control Systems Designer

Hi Rachel,

Glad to see you found the backup section on eBuddy. I’ll take a look at the file when you send it

Hey Tim,

Attached is the backup file with the supporting files along with account logs for the eWON Cosy 131. As specified before, the Cosy sends text messages via email no problem to Bell customers, but our issue is that the Cosy will not send a text message via email to Telus customers.

Thank you,

Rachel Maynard

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (152 KB)

20-01-14.account-logs.txt (26.6 KB)

Hi Rachel,

Are you talking about this section?

Can you verify that if you send an email (not from the cosy) to your phonenumber@msg.telus.com that you receive the message? If you do, the issue might be that Telus is viewing our email as spam. If that’s the case you’ll need to contact Telus and ask them to allow our messages

Hello Tim,

Yes, I am referring to that session. Looks like my first step is to contact Telus.

Regards,

Rachel Maynard

Thanks Rachel,

let me know what you find out

Hello Tim,

Can I verify that the email message is sent to the eWON server first and then is distributed to the mobility customers?

I called Telus, but since the Cosy is with Bell, they told me to call Bell instead. When I called Bell, then said they would look into the logs on their end to determine why the text messages via email wasn’t sent to the Telus customers. I provided Bell with the two phone numbers the Cosy would need to reach. Bell said they would get back to me in 2 to 3 business days.

Is there a way to successfully send text messages without sending the message via email? When on site with the device, I attempted to send a text message by enabling the SMS notification in the DI Config wizard to both Bell and Telus customers but was unsuccessful.

Thanks,

Rachel Maynard

If you’re able to send an email to Bell customers without issues, I don’t think that it’s an issue with the Cosy. Sending out a text message will also just be an email to sms relay through our servers but this will cost 0.3 euros per text. You can use below as a reference for sending out a text message using this service