RE: Flexy Question 1

Thank you for asking!! Thank you for the information from your other email.

Short answer: Yes, both. Connectivity is central to the value proposition of HartnessCONNECT. We use the Flexy to establish that connectivity.

Long answer:

The Flexy is the connectivity device for the HartnessCONNECT panel. It provides a VPN connection to the internal components of the panel.

For that VPN connection to function, the Flexy needs an internet connection on its WAN side.

It can connect to the internet in one of three ways (Wired, WiFi, Cellular). It has a prioritized fallback mechanism.

When we first start putting the panel together we have it in our R&D area with a wired connection to the Flexy (our Development network).

This wired connection has been reliable, no problems.

When we move it out to the shop floor we connect it to our Development network via WiFi.

I have yet to see the Flexy maintain a reliable WiFi connection on any network either here in our shop or at a customer location.

But as a temporary work around here in our shop we are using a WiFi to RJ45 adapter connected to Development and the WAN port of the flexy.

The cheap little adapter works, so I don’t believe there is a problem with our Access Points.

I believe it is a problem with the WiFi expansion card inside the Flexy.

I have never personally used the Cellular option of the Flexy it is a mechanism of last resort.

Whatever solution we find to make it work here in our facility needs to be acceptable to our customers and function at their locations also.

Kyle is the tech support person through our vendor. I’d like to reduce all of the back and fourth email and get him on a call.

Would you be willing/able to get on that call with me?

Thank You

Wayne,

Yes, I can get on a scheduled call for this.

Thanks for clarifying the use case here.

-Michael

ticket continued at: