RE: help connecting to wifi with flb 3271

Hi, I got your voicemail but I was busy last week.

The issue we are having is once connected to wifi the connection drops after 5-10 minutes and never reconnects.

We’ve tried multiple ewons, multiple wifi connections, maintain connection is checked.

How can we get these to stay connected to wifi?

Thanks,

Hello,

Before we tell you how to get your devices to stay connected we will to determine why it is disconnecting. Can you provide more details about the wifi network it is connecting to. Are there multiple access points that this could be connecting to? Have you checked the WiFi controller logs to see if it is disconnecting the device.

Can you provide a backup of the eWon with support files? We should be able to look at the logs to get some idea why it is getting disconnected along with seeing the eWon configuration.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

The same issue happens if I try connecting the ewon to the wireless network here or my iphone.

There are multiple cisco 3802e APs in the building.

We’ve tried various settings to try to get the ewons connected but nothing works.

After a factory reset of the ewon it will connect for about 10 minutes then disconnect and never connect again.

I just tried connecting it to my iPhone again, and my iPhone showed no device connect.

This is the ewon event log:

Attached are the logs I was able to download.

Do you need anything else?

Thanks,

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Not sure how you got that back up it was not in the standard .tar and did not include some info on the device. Take a backup using ebuddy and selecting include support files should include all the log files.

The logs in the back up show that the ewon is being rejected by the SSID (UMW-Ewon) & (Hodgins).Were you able to connect before you updated the firmware to 13? Are you sure the WiFi info is being entered correctly? If you were connecting previously there could be a configuration conflict that is giving you issues. If this is the case a factory reset should correct the issue.
The following are repeating in the logs.

1527036144	23/05/2018 00:42:24	pla-Connection rejected by WIFI SSID  (Hodgins)	pgdef-Connection rejected by WIFI SSID 	wanmgt	79336	20170
1527035024	23/05/2018 00:23:44	pla-Connection rejected by WIFI SSID  (UMW-Ewon)	pgdef-Connection rejected by WIFI SSID 	wanmgt	79336	20170

Deryck

Ewon firmware is 13.0s0.

I’ve tried and retried to connect many, many, many times….

I haven’t used ebuddy before.

I’ll give that a shot.

To answer your question, those are from the file transfer section from the flexy web gui.

Trevor

Backup attached.

Trevor,

Everything looks good from the back up. I only see error as stated above it looks like the wifi is rejecting the connection. Try performing a factory reset, the wrong key maybe stuck in the configuration. We had a similar issue in a 11 FW version.

Deryck

To recap, we’ve tried:

2 different wifi networks – the site and a cell phone

2 different ewons and wifi cards

Multiple factory resets

Same results.

Trevor

Can we set up a time to have a Teamviewer to run through the setup process and look at the logs in real time. I should be available today untill 5 or tomorrow morning until about 12.

Deryck

We’ve tried this and get the same result.

Trevor

Ok that will work.

Hopefully tomorrow.

Eastern time?

Trevor

Yes, I will be available after 8 est. You can call 312-893-5636 and reference this case Topic #3646
If I do not pick up feel free to ask for me and they should be able to transfer you.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Trying to get the ewon to connect to wireless again, it shows it’s connection is rejected according to the event log but the wireless controller doesn’t detect it trying to connect.

The teamviewer ID and password is:

Do you need me to call you?

Thanks,

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

I can connect now and take a look. We don’t necessarily need to talk over the phone.

Deryck

Hi Trevor,

From what we can tell its the Wifi Network rejecting the connection. I was able to get it to connect for a short period but by the time I tried the VPN test it was already disconnected. It looks like it is jumping between AP’s and once it changes it gets rejected.

Would you be able to setup a hotspot or separate router that we can test against? Or is the IT department able to set up a single AP with that SSID?

Deryck

Hotspot is on.

SSID: Hodgins

Password: batmannn

Trevor

For the UMW-Ewon network it seems like its an issue as stated above. On a reboot it actually will connect to the wifi network initially. By the time i get to the talk2m test it is already being rejected. I would not expect it to get rejected from the iphone. Do you happen to have another ewon and wifi card that you could test with that?

I have taken a log of the device that shows this occurring and am reaching out to the support team in Belgium. They should be able to help identify what is occurring here. Once i hear back from them I will update you.

Deryck

I can probably get another ewon/wireless card.

Do you want to try both or just the wireless card first?

Trevor

If it is easy enough I think having both would be the best thing to try. With that we can rule out if it is one of the ewon parts having the issue.

One thing we did not try is setting the iphone Network up and rebooting the ewon. Could you give that a try? Rather then running the wizard set up the connection in the communications settings tab then reboot the ewon.

Deryck

Hello,

I have heard back from Belgium and they are thinking the WiFi module could be defective. They suggested that we try a new card to see if it corrects the errors. If it does and the card is under warranty we will RMA the card.

Deryck